It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My restlessness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

fear implies punishment

Though the quote above is irrelevant I just wanted to share something I struggled with a long time.

Call it trauma, mental illness, it's definitely something that has been bothering me during the day.

I'd explain it as the fear of something happening for no reason or out of the blue, for example walking down the sidewalk and being ran over by a car having gone off the road. Being harmed while doing nothing wrong.

I think I got it when I was a child, I remember me being a kiddo going into the kitchen kind of happy and being slammed in the head by the hand of my dad what I totally didn't see coming, without warning. I'd say I was enjoying myself having a good time and out of the blue, it probably bothered my dad as soon as I walked through the door he hit shocking me out of the blue.
edit on 2-10-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun
I constantly have this too, this impending sense of doom. Being on edge and restless, but for me it's due to my OCD /depression mostly. I have no cure other than death

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Greetings. Have you ever hear or considered EMDR therapy?

What is EMDR therapy? Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a mental health treatment technique. This method involves moving your eyes a specific way while you process traumatic memories. EMDR's goal is to help you heal from trauma or other distressing life experiences.Mar 29, 2022

my.clevelandclinic.org...#:~:text=What%20is%20EMDR%20therapy%3F,or%20other%20distressing%20life%20experience s.

Insurance will often cover it. I have a lot of friends who have found tremendous relief through utilizing it with a good quality therapist. I've always been drawn to it myself though have yet to give it a go.

Take care out there

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

Thanks, it's probably a good technique.

I have this idea that, when healing is meant to be, it's meant to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Thx for sharing. Sometimes things can change.

Not saying you should bump your head but I read a story about a blind woman who fell hitting her head against the table and could see again. Who knows in what way your problems can end.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
a reply to: livinglight108

Thanks, it's probably a good technique.

I have this idea that, when healing is meant to be, it's meant to be.

I agree. Something I've considered is that ultimately healing can be compared to fixing a bad part on an automobile: you do the work and it's better. The trickiness in my view is there is a subtle nature to healing which involves trauma which may have occurred in the past which is stored in the mind/body/emotional-body. Often times we are covering up / numbing out the pain as it can be quite challenging to face head on.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: livinglight108

What is EMDR therapy? Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a mental health treatment technique. This method involves moving your eyes a specific way while you process traumatic memories. EMDR's goal is to help you heal from trauma or other distressing life experiences.Mar 29, 2022

my.clevelandclinic.org...#:~:text=What%20is%20EMDR%20therapy%3F,or%20other%20distressing%20life%20experience s.

Insurance will often cover it. I have a lot of friends who have found tremendous relief through utilizing it with a good quality therapist. I've always been drawn to it myself though have yet to give it a go.

Take care out there
Smells like spam.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
a reply to: Untun
I constantly have this too, this impending sense of doom. Being on edge and restless, but for me it's due to my OCD /depression mostly. I have no cure other than death

"I hate to recommend drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but it's always worked for me"....HST

On a more serious note.....Contact your state, County mental health dept. Therapy may be available free or minimal cost.
It really can work!! Please, please contact someone if you are considering harming yourself.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: livinglight108

Take care out there
Smells like spam.

My response, or the URL? It breaks down EMDR therapy for people who have not yet heard of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It takes a lot of work and often years to get to the root of and deal with things like paranoia and depression; maybe that's what pills to mask the problem have become so popular.

It's really sad to know so many people are suffering and feel there is no hope-or help, when the exact opposite is true.

Getting to the root of the problem and facing it head on is key-and often too painful for people to be comfortable doing.

Once a person has gone deep enough down the negative rabbit hole it can be nearly impossible to climb back out, and if we're being honest some people prefer it because it's what they know best and they've become comfortable with it. The alternative is scary; venturing out into unknown territory not knowing where you'll end up.

There's always a wee bit of the attention component, too; sympathy from people who want to help fix what's 'broken'.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

being slammed in the head by the hand of my dad what I totally didn't see coming, without warning. I'd say I was enjoying myself having a good time and out of the blue, it probably bothered my dad as soon as I walked through the door he hit shocking me out of the blue.

Yeah that happened to me a lot too. I have emotional flashbacks whenever I accidentally bump my head on something because of that specifically.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

How's that possible, you still seem sane?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

How's that possible, you still seem sane?

What do you mean?

new topics

top topics

join