It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Freedom, Your Freedom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
In every moment, free will allows you the choice to either follow the conviction of your heart or abandon your worthiness by accepting mediocrity.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

It's only wholly materialistic if you don't let your mind and soul wander beyond your body.

Locking your mind and soul into your body is none but your doing, and it's not what you are meant to be while granted a body, bodies don't come easy, don't waste it.

Emanzipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
edit on 31-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   
freedom only exists within the social contract we have, and the boundaries we set where we place our safegaurds thus putting it causes outrage is the state puts a fully intact male rapist in the same cell as a vulnerable female, simply because the male claims to be female,

we have many safeguards and we know the bounds of our freedoms, thus to have a low crime happy society we do not rob our neighbours or the local stores and we accept our freedoms exist within the safegaurds.

the bodged approach to both covid and speed at which the establishment is trying to force socials change has seen all the safeguard torn down and allowed all manner of corruption to embed itself in the establishment.

ass i see it this is all reformation like stuff and differing societies are at different places in responding to this, the us/eu are at the place where the opposition is gathering in the hope the right leader can reverse the damaging being done to democracy.

France has tried moving on from the legacy parties with macron, and italy has with melloni but both are not quite where england is as johnson demonstrably failed to make any difference even though he was given all the tools to do just that.. the usa is a mixed bag as different states are in differing places.

but england is at the next phase of this which is fighting to get new safeguards raised not at national or party political levels but through grass roots in a process that risks creating deep sectarian divides over what freedom means.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Freedom is a non static concept we westerners like to keep in mind when thinking about pieces of paper and engraved stones... I find it ironic.

Wtf is individual freedom anyways? The earliest laws didn't exactly have that in mind, it was more akin to a polite handshake instead of the intrusive pat down. We don't exactly believe in each other so we need to have a basic way to approach each other right?

Whereas this thread? It's filled with a lot of what I would call emotions, mainly aimed at the "sky screamers" which again is highly ironic if you discount the fact that we're human. Humans tend to be somewhat mistrustful minus the concepts in their brain. Not trying to have a dig at the Americans but do you never consider the statement about freedom and security whilst honestly scrutinizing your own nation? World's largest military, world's largest prison system. Security and trust eh?

Freedom can be simple for the individual. Highly nuanced when it comes to groups. Morality often outweighs freedoms and morality is culturally intrinsic to ones upbringing. In the end I always find freedom to be a contradictory concept as it often breeds divisiveness and emotional turmoil which leads to extremism.

Trust. It's a currency. The freedom market crashed a long time ago?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's what I call a reflected thought on freedom.

Thank you...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join