It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health and Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Mental unwelleness can be overcome. If you can win against yourself you will also be given a gift of perception. I promise you it is so.

When we "lose our mind", that is lose conscious control, we are set adrift. We have lost control of the helm. In Britain the state is humane now generally. The authorities only really intervene if you become a danger to others. A doctor and social worker must both agree before they can make you stay in a locked place without your consent. They intervene if you are a danger to yourself too if it comes to their attention as that is also too much chaos for society to handle so must be contained.

I would argue that the whole human race is mentally ill. If you look at what we have done all through our existence you will have to agree. At any time has any earthly authority had a plan that lasts longer than a fashion garment metaphorically? Are we conscious of our long term objective as a species collectively? Or do we drift from generation to generation, often doing the opposite of what the last lot did or, even worse, copying a fatal error like the elite are doing in Ukraine: If Russia win it creates EXACTLY the same circumstances that Hitler manipulated and was encouraged by.

So, humans are a danger to themselves and others, all of them in abundance, more than any other historical legacy of their short but brutal presence in Creation. Humans are mad and their ultimate self destructive Oppenheimer is even named it: M.A.D. If there is a doctor and a social worker present we should have us all locked away because we are a danger to ourselves and each other. God made it be called M.A.D.

The treatment for our mental ill health personally is the same treatment that we require globally. We must develop consciousness. We must define an objective and plot coordinates throught the generations. We must aim this aimless wandering arrow. We must be conscious of ourselves and keep pushing for more consciousness.

CONSCIOUSNESS is the original sin of humanity. It is a disease, but the only cure for it is to keep increasing it. If we keep becoming more aware we will defeat our shadow and all our demons that plague us and our progress.

This is from a poem "Little Gidding" by TS Eliot. I need to include this whole portion for it to make sense to my thread. Remember I told you in an earlier thread that Shelley could say more in sixteen lines of poetry than a movie could in three hours? So could T S Eliot,

"The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we fell
The sharp compassion of the healer’s art
Resolving the enigma of the fever chart.

Our only health is the disease
If we obey the dying nurse
Whose constant care is not to please
But to remind of our, and Adam’s, curse,
And that, to be restored, our sickness must grow worse.

The whole earth is our hospital
Endowed by the ruined millionaire,
Wherein, if we do well, we shall
Die of the absolute paternal care
That will not leave us, but prevents us everywhere.

The chill ascends from feet to knees,
The fever sings in mental wires.
If to be warmed, then I must freeze
And quake in frigid purgatorial fires
Of which the flame is roses and the smoke is briars.

The dripping blood our only drink,
The bloody flesh our only food;
In spite of which we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood–
Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good." (T S Eliot from "Little Gidding, Four Quartets")

Do you see what T S Eliot is telling us?

When our minds break down or even our societies it is because we have lost our collective aim. The Greeks knew their aim. They knew what they wanted and so did the Romans. The British knew too. They wanted empire. They had an aim and the aim lasted multi generations.

What is the aim of the West? What is its identity? I thought it was a Judeo-Christian civilization with the aims of faith? It kept us roughly aimed for two thousand years, though we are lousy archers it must be said as the arrow more often seems to have landed in the back of our own heads.

Only when I lost control did I truly understand I needed to find control. I am aiming the arrow directly as accurately as possible with the "twang" of Angels in the direction it has been travelling for two thousand years. I put all of my being into aiming it and for me it is travelling at very high speed.

Where is your arrow? Do you even have an arrow? Are you just trying to aim at your own lifetime? Are you trying to aim an arrow that was shot yesterday, a generation ago or two thousand plus years ago?

The Jews, as a tiny small group, have done so well because they aim the same arrow and have been doing so since Abraham said "Here I am, Lord" when the Lord called upon him. They are conscious of their objective. To them the way the gentiles do their thing is quite remedial. Unfortunately some of them take advanatage and manipulate the ignorance. They are masters of it and have been for a very long time. That is why their Lord and Our Lord gets really angry at them sometimes and gives them a Ninth of Av. I think this time they will work it out though.

I am even one step ahead of the Jews. I am here waiting for you all. I insist that you join me and you will. You are all coming to the party. I am waiting for the Jews to get conscious about why they keep failing miserably when they have everything so sown up. I am waiting for you to understand that you need to aim your arrow. If you haven't got an arrow then get one quick, but make sure it is not the kind that ends up in the back of your own head after you shoot it.

I am Eros and I am shooting an arrow at the whole of humanity. It will eventually make you fall in love with each other and your God. God made me go nuts so He could show me what sanity is. He is doing the same to many of you. Any arrow that can shoot straight will do. Just get an arrow with a point, with a meaning that is more than just the sum of three score years and ten. The Jews don't do that. Now you know their secret.

Mental health can only be cured by establishing conscious control and taking ownership of your soul and self. The world can't own you. If you let the outside control you it will use you, abuse you rotten and destroy you after it has finished doing it. Medication can take the responsibility for being your soul's boss away by making you less than what you are in your brain. It is a huge price to pay long term though. If you can take control then you can be free. That is the whole point of what Jesus tried to teach us. Take control of this dangerous human you are. If you don't then you will hurt yourselves and others all through your lives. This mess of meaningless chaos and self harm is not the natural disorder. It is,

"The time is out of joint, O cursed spite
That ever I was born to set it right!".

We are all Hamlet. We are all the Dane. We all play his part in our lives. If we do not set it right in the right way we die in the slaughetr of a tragic situation, In a tragedy we wrote the script for. Mad Hamlet thought revenge was the answer and would put to right the wrongs of the kingdom on behalf of his father. It ended in the death of everybody because everybody together had CONSPIRED with each other unconsciously to create the situation that ended in oblivion for all. This is Shakespeare's genius.

It is you! You are the One, Neo, all of you!

edit on 17-8-2023 by Merman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Mental illness is a disease that there's no cure for.
For the most part there's like a Band-Aid treatment for those that are mentally ill but those that are mentally sick in the head now it's there's no consciousness available to them.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Merman
Good post, slaves don't seek God because they identify as slaves, and this material world with all it's trickery does enslave us.

edit on 17-8-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

(post by Merman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

All your post are about Me Me Me ! Look how great I am ! ...and anyone who disagrees is treated like you just treated MIM.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

You've got # 7 in spades.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You bring up Christians and Jews but what did mohamed have to say on the subject?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

All your post are about Me Me Me ! Look how great I am ! ...and anyone who disagrees is treated like you just treated MIM.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

You've got # 7 in spades.

Do you think that treatment equal to that which has been dished out is the correct way to try to handle any situation?

I mean I could easily say that your post is just a me me me thing also by pointing out you frustration. And flipping it to exhaust your grievances.
Smell what I'm stepping in?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Thanks for reading my post.
I posted in the way that people look at mental illness actually it is called mental disease mental illness was used years ago the psychiatrist today say mental disease and I mentioned very clearly and it's it's a fact that the patients or treated as a Band-Aid approach there's no cure for mental disease there's treatment and that treatment is pretty much Band-Aid to treatment that's why they have to continue using the medication for the rest of their lives they're lucky if they can stop but I don't know anyone who fell into a psychiatric office who 20 30 40 50 years 50 years later they're still taking mental drugs but the Band-Aid approach is okay I didn't want to give you a negative impression about the Band-Aid approach because that's the only thing I can think of.
Now the second form of mental disease and everyone knows there's no cure it's it's just there they're beyond help and all they can do all the the doctors can do is keep them doped up but basically they don't stay on the medication and those are the people you see out there in the big cities or wherever yelling at the sky and that's what I mean by the second type of mental disease it's it's just the way it is there there's nothing can be done about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Do you think that treatment equal to that which has been dished out is the correct way to try to handle any situation?

Yes. I do.

Act like an ass and you get treated like one.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It depends on the mental issues at hand and the question of what consciousness is I would think, some will cause situations of heightened awareness and consciousness but the focus is detrimental to the being. It's not just humans that develop what can be perceived as mental illness.

As for the UK and the loss of freedom in terms of sectioning, I'd say learn the law... A family member can sign you out of all of them except section 37 which is basically when crimes were committed but it was agreed to send you to a hospital instead of a prison.

There's a lot more to reply to in your post so I'll do my best to address.
The west? I would say we're slowly pushing towards an existence where the individual can do as they wish with a bit of knowledge. I would say that in general the West has fought many battles in succession that have slowly enabled the individual, I think this is true because everytime a war is won that matters they had causes that individuals felt willing to support. I suppose sides could be painted over the span of history but these sides hold no adherence nation, colour or religion so instead of trying to link those who followed Tyler Watt to those who followed Napoleon Bonaparte I'll just say the general theme is the people of the Steppes Vs those of the Plains. The possibility of change Vs words associated with "mono".

Why do I think that? Competition demands adaptation and competition is just soft conflict.

We're all capable of conflict just as we're all capable of becoming mentally ill. Detrimental actions derive from thought. In your opinion what is the difference between a criminal and a nutter? Deeds not thoughts right? How many are carrying baggage that makes them potential problems to society?

The point I'm making with that is it's always an individual choice, who we fight for or why we fight. Anyone feeling mental distress should ask questions of themselves whenever they have moments of peace, one should understand why they feel in a state of conflict with parts of existence and why they flock to certain answers or even egragores. If it isn't to better yourself or the ones you love personally then maybe it would be a good idea to explore the human condition such as our emotions, wants and desires. Detrimental cycles... We're pros! IMHO people living Spartan lifestyles are boring anyways

Break the cycles or follow a juggernaut seems to be the conclusion, I call bs since everything dies in the end. Someone once said something about waiting by a river for a while and enemies float by? In the end I'd hate to look back and think I could've created some peace and tranquillity for my loved ones instead of filling my head and heart with what amounts to nonessential things. That said, most boys grow up dreaming of destroying a juggernaut or two. To those kids I'd say "chill out David! There's life, love and reason to be had first". Plus my personal conclusion is human-centric conflict has been nothing but detrimental to this little blue marble. I don't want us to find out the hard way we're not above nature and the machine will not replace the beast. We're nothing without our trusty sidekicks, emphasis on the word trust because in the end what's the key to making and keeping friends?

Given choice I consciously reject conflict but I also reject "oneness" so in essence I know there's always an argument around the corner. I'd prefer it to be a debate but I'd prefer us to stfu and enjoy the scenery even more
let's fix the picture?

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I had a feeling you would say that.
When a child or just youth in general does something stupid do you feel like they be should be held to the same standard as an adult? And if not then how do we determine if an adult is of sound mind to be held to the standard of an adult?
These are questions you don't seem to be asking yourself. And these questions do matter.

edit on 17-8-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

"Madman are the children of God". And the mentally dis-advantaged.....

True to life, "madman" have no idea....they are mad. None.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They say that human can deal 3 crises in a year mentally and if there is more crises mind get shattered like slowly breaking glass. Mental illness is not what people are born with, there might be genetic reasons and vunerability. Have you ever met a mentally ill toddler ? i have not. More reasons are how you have been treated, raised and what obstacles you have faced.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Great post user!
Mental health is something that needs to be treated accordingly based on a case by case basis.it is extremely difficult to handle that as it will vary based on life experience.
I applaud you for saying the truth about that.

edit on 17-8-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If you keep placing your mind in the same place it will eventually stay there. Until then it is a wild animal going off doing whatever it wants.

After it being tamed and staying wherever you place it focus and concentration grows and thoughts start to slowly vanish... After awhile all thoughts just up and cease.

Then and only then is one's mind perfection.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

CONSCIOUSNESS is the original sin of humanity. It is a disease, but the only cure for it is to keep increasing it. If we keep becoming more aware we will defeat our shadow and all our demons that plague us and our progress

The key words you said were "becoming more aware". I fully agree with your summation.

Your topic is very similar to something I read recently about the late Thich Nhat Hanh. He was once asked by a reporter what was the greatest problem facing mankind. Thich Nhat Hanh replied "before I answer that question first tell me who you are"? The reporter answered "I am a reporter working for such and such". Thich Nhat Hanh replied "that is just your profession, tell me who are you"? The reporter answered with his name. Thich Nhat Hanh replied "that is just a label identifying you from other people, tell me who are you"? After many more replies and retorts the reporter finally answered "I do not know who I am".

Thich Nhat Hanh replied "that is the greatest problem facing humanity".
edit on 17-8-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

A bhikkhu I spoke with that was one before the 14th Lama; Was enthroned and still is a bhikkhu Said: "The senses are the all." Then went back to his inner repetition of Buddho.

I knew those to be full skandha at the time; So I' remained silent... He later exclaimed the same thing the reporter said "I do not know who I am." Difficult to say; Since he likely didn't know, if I was being inner silent or mentally repeating Buddho like he was.

It occurred to me later; That the concept of oneness is a problem that; The other senses cure, when the mind can't see it as an illness.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

You could just as easily say that our personal identity was caused by the limitations of our senses. As babies we could see the confines of a body. We could only feel from the confines of that body. We could only see from the aspect of that body. Thus we saw ourselves as that body-mind from infancy.

If we negate all things which we are not. If the results are emptiness. Then we be that emptiness. We may only be able to describe that emptiness as this or that. But we certainly can experience that emptiness with our awareness.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Saying "we" means still under the influence of some unity or oneness. When someone manages through whatever method to drop it all... It is more like being a speck of dust from their eyebrow floating through the room meaning self and not self.

Not knowing is and was the conundrum when all of that was dropped.

The delusion is in that experience one was one with everything... No they weren't.

Who is clinging to the keyboard would be a good contemplation not different than was it the dust clinging to the eyebrow that unconsciously was brushed off and when settling into whatever meditation that's where you went when action started reversing to burn off old cause and effect? You bet it was as that's all meditation practice does when it is to quiet the mind ease the mind and unburden it.

So when sitting and all becomes still the dust from the eyebrow unburdened everything ignorant of it including you.

That's just what the cause and effect cycle does when people cease adding any burden to the cycle and that's all people that pout morals at each other instead of practicing it themselves(no one else's burden) are really pointing at unless its just what they learned to do or told by others to do like a dog that already sits with delusional people thinking they taught it what it already did without their "help".

There is a point where one can let go of the dust and go back to the eyebrow and see it wasn't anything special... Others make whole delusional pantheons of gods demons etc and have. Then due to that dreaming and forming on the cushion? Made things worse for them-self not better because they see it as real.

The entire thing will stop when they see it only births suffering instead of reality that is always experienced as one has relatively known it saying what it is or pointing it out; Is not required as that commonality can be acquired elsewhere. The clinging to that commonality is all that could ever be found as a "we" and it is just a reproduced noise an echo called language.

When that echo is in the head it gets called thoughts... That's not what it is it has grasped the external and mistaken it for the internal when "floor" exists whether floor is spoken about or not. In perfect silence or stillness of the mind hearing in all directions can occur the attachment to the cacophony of contact that makes noise has led to the grasping known as language in reproduction of that sound in all directions of hearing that sound changes like echo location operates.

All this is really meaningless other than what was stated as there is no "we" just the clinger and clung too until even it is let go and that is where the oneness folks as a concept are stuck... looking just like the yin and yang symbol, meaning nothing about them and duality has changed.

edit on 19-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity sp

new topics

top topics

join