It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US government wants to make sure you do not question elections

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JinMI

Well you just said, "So he either owns it all or not." I mean help me out here.

What was his spending prior to Covid? How was the economy prior to Covid?

And earlier I credited him with fixing the VA which is huge since we were neglecting our soldiers and vets. I also noted how he dialed back our aggressive foreign policy.

And his first two years was still record second for adding debt (second to Obama) and then he broke the modern one term record because of COVID. About a quarter of the national debt is from the trump admin. He campaigned on getting rid of debt in 8 years.

You say 8 years which he didn’t get thanks to (whatever) and you casually mention the international massive Covid effect, and move quickly along to your extended anti-Trump nonsense
Do you argue with cretins and morons day to day, where an average intellect can be undefeated?

Disasters happen under presidents, that doesn’t mean they get a pass. Did we give Bush and Obama a pass for how they dealt with their crises? No.

And you’re welcome to dispute the pre COVID numbers. Find me some metrics for his first two years.

As for him not getting 8, a quarter of our national debt came under his admin. I don’t see how him getting another term would fix that given his track record.

And as much as you’d like to make the conversation about me, it won’t change the data we have to go off of. And its rare I get worked up about conversations online, so you can try your best but again, it doesn’t change his tenure.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Biden is no improvement, and it’s incredibly troubling to me he’s still in the lead for the left.

Frankly, it’s beyond me that the parties ignore the economy in lieu of ‘winning’.

I’ve always watched debates, and they have devolved in substance over the years. Double speak, sugar coating, and a focus on the opposition before one’s platform is increasing.

I was excited before 16’ because I’ll give it to Trump, he shook things up and said what needed to be said. He spoke a lot of truth. But sadly his policy didn’t trend with what he said, here it’s open to debate as to why, but the proof is in the pudding at the end of the day. Why isn’t as relevant when we’re talking about leaders.

My posting history was pro Trump until about two years in when that was becoming clear. Although, I believe I still shat on the Russia BS, because it was just that and a distraction against things that were more tangible. I still love Greenwalds piece the best about the Russiagate narrative, he shredded it.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Biden is no improvement, and it’s incredibly troubling to me he’s still in the lead for the left.

So then, what could be the commonality between the biden regime and the trump admin??

We know where eachother stand. I think you're getting really close to see my complete perspective.

If it's not Trump, then who will cause that much destruction and highlight the uniparty/deepstate whatever you wish to call them.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We know where eachother stand. I think you're getting really close to see my complete perspective.

If it's not Trump, then who will cause that much destruction and highlight the uniparty/deepstate whatever you wish to call them.

That’s the tricky part. I likely can’t side with either full disclosure, I’d be surprised if I vote for either (though things can change).

On one hand we have Biden, a president likely in name only. I can’t imagine that he actually has a measurable world view or actually makes meaningful day to day decisions. Rather, he’s probably a useful idiot with a cabinet of sorts that actually runs the country. I don’t have to spell out how horrible that is if we’re talking about leadership under the context of agreed skepticism for corruption in the broader government.

On the other we have Trump who was incredibly exciting as an unknown quantity, but problematic now that we have a baseline. Ignoring much of my previous points, my concern isn’t so much of a “is he a lesser of the two evils”, but more of a risk that he turns off voters for challenging the status quo. The country was willing to bet on him before, something even Perot or Paul couldn’t do even though I think they would have been better. So if he couldn’t prove the concept in the first term. Do we gamble giving him a second if it means it all but guarantees establishment for the semi foreseeable future (speculation on my part).

It may make me look wishy washy not being able to pick one or the other (at least now). But I’d take that over carrying one of their water simply because the bar is so low, and that’s their doing.

I can be more black and white at work or with investing. But macro national politics or world view has more nuance and sadly more BS.
edit on 16-8-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That’s the tricky part. I likely can’t side with either full disclosure, I’d be surprised if I vote for either (though things can change).

Fair enough.

We don't live in a perfect world and don't have a perfect gov't.

having a perfect candidate to vote for is about impossible. Yet, we can identify the problems. Putting someone in there who can destroy it if not fix it is fine by me.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I love the USA apparently more than a lot of its citizens, the current administration and DOJ are beyond contempt.
I pray that something happens to rebalance this at some point.

I am disgusted with the Dem's ..in fact i cant write what i really feel i would be banned.

All the best from the UK

MAGA Trump 2024

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To bring back confidence in elections, install voter ID.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Don't you know how incredibly racist the dems say voter ID is? How dare you even imply this needs to be enacted...

But yes, voter ID and get rid of mail in voting unless you have an actual disability and can't leave the house, or are in the military/college and cannot be home to partake in regular in person voting.
edit on 17-8-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I still and have always said use the SSN. DHS has access to all of the voter rolls for all states. It is not really that hard to match one SSN to one voter. You show your card.

Mail in ballots have been around for awhile but they always had to be requested. Now states just send them out. That lends to fraud.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
I am disgusted with the Dem's ..in fact i cant write what i really feel i would be banned.

All the best from the UK

MAGA Trump 2024

Yeah, that’s the solution. More MAGA jabs for everyone. Team sports. Ffs.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join