It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Website Known as DU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I used initials because not sure about full names for other websites. PM your favorite political junky if you need the name.

I strongly urge you to visit there often with a heart full of humor. We should report back on their sheer foolishness and childlike sickness.

The place is hilarious and such a great study of the world’s weirdos. Dems-lefties only ! If you think our little buddies at ATS are ripe, think of the worst 5 and picture what 1000 X worse would be. I chuckle to think that there may be folks on both sites.

They are frozen in time where everything every dem says is beautiful (except of course RFK Jr / Sinema) and everything a GOP says is evil (except maybe the Lincoln guys).

They are hyper-angry 24 / 7. Most of them admit to being disowned by their family, or disowning evil people like their old gramps. Lots of unemployment and illness; go figure. An awful lot of them are worn out antique people, lots of bitter old ladies (imagine that). Picture 80 year gals announcing that they’re ready to go to a protest and whip some ass, or how they just did so at the local Walmart.

Best part - they literally have tribunals to prosecute suspected undercover conservatives on the site, or even long time devoted communist members, who might not be supporting their favorite groupthink politicians.
Members write proudly of being chosen for the new season’s politburo tribunal.
It’s a hoot. I ask that you all visit and bring back your best and funniest story. Maybe some of our classics here will admit to being over there.
Thanks for your contribution to levity ….
edit on 12-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Link or it doesn't exist.

Please.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Perhaps this is it?

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
LOL DU reminds me a bit of the straight-dope message boards on steroids, I read the straight-dope MB because it teaches me patience and I do like to converse with my daughters and sons-in-law occasionally on political stuff.

They are mostly understanding but Im not too militant either way either.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the initials stand for Democrats Unhinged. If not, they should. I took a gander and had a chuckle, now I'm home again.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Link or it doesn't exist.

Please.

give us a line or a line of bs link please

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Congratulations on finding the democrats pendant to ATS... So you love to study echo chambers and their inhabitants too...

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Congratulations on finding the democrats pendant to ATS... So you love to study echo chambers and their inhabitants too...

Well except for there being a bunch of people like you running around ATS and not a single republican or conservative allowed on DU.
So, I guess other than being totally different, they’re the same.
You don’t often think before speaking, do you ?
Anyway, the idea was to laugh a good laugh at them, not get bogged down in”nuh uh ! You do !”

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Real humor is being able to laugh aubout ones self the rest is just confirmation bias...

Thanks for confirming your bias

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Real humor is being able to laugh aubout ones self the rest is just confirmation bias...

I can laugh at myself when I’m wrong, which is often enough.
You on the other hand just double, triple, quadruple down on your incorrect nonsense.
And top it off with one of the classics-
1. You confirmed your _________ !
2. You proved my point !
3 You’re insecure about your sexuality !
4. You’re a closet _________ !
5. Racism sexism every phobe literally Hitler !

Oh to be unashamed to operate as a child, never having to say you’re sorry for even the worst of the worst.
edit on 14-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

But we know a good derail when we see one.

Start up an argument with the “they all do it” silliness and keep it going for 2 pages.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I guess if you asked the residents of DU it isn't a Democrat echo chamber either, just like ATS isn't a republican echo chamber according to their residents.... gosh I love confirmation bias it makes one look really stupid and unreflected...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I guess if you asked the residents of DU it isn't a Democrat echo chamber either, just like ATS isn't a republican echo chamber according to their residents.... gosh I love confirmation bias it makes one look really stupid and unreflected...

And yet NO repubs / conservatives on DU …….
And a nice little gaggle of babbling lefties on ATS.

You can’t help yourself. Keep on lying and spoofing yourself ! Quadruple down, repeat it a few more times, knowing it’s untrue.

More “just wow”.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Anyway, back to the actual purpose of the thread, rather than feeding captain obvious derail.
Over at DU they are thrilled with all the charges and begging for more wherever somebody else may do some. They think the premature posting of the indictment before it was voted on …. Is awesome !

Retardation at its finest.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My favorite times at DU is when they lose a big election or a big SC case.
They literally start crying about the world being finished, maybe it’s time to just die, everyone involved is literally Hitler and Satan.
Since they’re mostly octogenarians, the talk of death is alarming.
But they don’t seem to ever actually do their most dramatic threats. Just make noise.
They always make me think of the classic photo of -100 Obamatards in front of the WH, big boo-boo pouting faces when Trump won.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I will say their one redeeming quality is the one guy who posts a big collection of cat /animal memes and great cartoons, every Sunday morning. It’s worth going there to see. Unlike every single other post on the site, lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Better DI with no politics at all.

I haven't heard DU referenced in years though.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theshadowknows

I recall DU being a prominent political site, but that was like 20 years ago.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join