It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sound of Sabotage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

That is interesting testimoney. Although, if true, why would some movie theater workers be so invested in sabotaging a movie about human trafficking. Even if they think it's Qanon propaganda (which its not), i don't see why they think this would actually do anything; considering it's just creating more of a stir and getting people to see the movie.

I'm still leaning towards coincidence, or a marketting ploy. I just don't see how AMC workers would be invested in messing with sound of freedom movie goers.

Furthermore, people were saying that if this is true, it gives more reason to see the movie. It's great that this movie is spreading awareness, but in all honesty, people would be better off just reading about whats actually going on in the world. Including articles about human trafficking. Not dissing on the movie, but it's not like seeing this is suddenly going to change things or really enlighten people on how human trafficking works (its not a documentary).

Then again, a lot of people are pretty unaware of the horrors of human trafficking.

If this was a widespread sabatoge, you'd think a movie theater worker would speak out about it eventually. I mean, they don't get paid enough to keep quite about sabatoging people. (It's not like they signed an NDA)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

Yea, I think its also possible this may be a marketting ploy to attract more viewers. I can't imagine that a lot of movie theater workers got together and decided to mess with people who wanted to see a movie about human trafficking. It doesn't add up to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I don't think it's a ploy.
This movie has a target audience.

It may have been made for everyone, but specific religious people are going to watch it more than most other people who go to see movies. There haven't been any other movie issues that we are aware of, either. It's generating a lot of buzz in the social media world, so it's going to get more viewers as a by-product.

But, to add another conspiracy...they do say Satan walks the Earth.
Maybe he is causing the issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My eyeroll at this movie is that people are upset over it.

Believe me, Hollywood's more about money than anything else. As evidence by bitching over streaming royalties. 125+ million box office will bring copycats. There's plenty of non-child-eating celebrities to hop on this and produce higher and higher budget films. This one has already almost made 10X its production cost.

And of course snowflakes will melt. As they did over The Passion for antisemitism. Any time a really Jesus-y movie comes out and does well the far left will cringe, cuz they'd never pander to religiosity in anything they'd ever make.

But Hollywood can make a lot of money with counter-woke entertainment these days. This one was made in 2018 and wasn't really supposed to be an explicit Q reference, but was close enough to make people either applaud or uncomfortable.

It also appears Mel Gibson is getting paranoid again. This time he fears the elites are turning on him for this movie.

Really, he should be fine so long as he avoids public intoxication and every cell phone camera on earth.
edit on 23-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
When Sound of Freedom released it was on about 2600 screens. In the last few weeks they've added more and more screens, with it playing in about 3300 as of this weekend.

So let's say there are issues. Mechanical, power outages, weather related, fire alarms, disruptive audience, whatever as long as it disrupts the movie and causes the screening to be suspended or cancelled. It happens, I've had to walk out of a handful of movies for various reasons over the years.

Let's say ten theaters on any give day experience issues, for whatever reason. On the opening weekend, that would mean about 0.38% of all screenings had issues. On this most recent weekend, that would be about 0.30% of screenings. Even if 50 theaters had an issue on any given day, that's still only about 1.92% for opening weekend and 1.51% this most recent weekend.

A handful of theaters going out of operation is not a conspiracy. It's a normal mechanical, software, weather related, unruly audience. There's really nothing statistically anomalous about it.

Stop looking for fires where there's no smoke.

Box Office Mojo

As an aside, it was a pretty solid film. I left a spoiler free review on the The Phantom Zone Discord server in one of the channels.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
But, to add another conspiracy...they do say Satan walks the Earth. Maybe he is causing the issues.

Reminds me of all the 'coincidences' in the film, 'The Omen'.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Although I agree with most of what you say, I will repeat that this is more than a "handful." I posted two videos of the incidents. There are more, but many are mixed with clips from those two, so I did not link them. You can do the search and see for yourself. By my guess, hundreds of people were effected.

Whether it is a localized group, scattered individuals, or something larger, I cannot say. I do believe, however, there is enough evidence to warrant a suspicion that much of it is indeed intentional.

edit on 24-7-2023 by Dapaga because: added, "my"

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join