It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange-what's going on with twitter??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Update

It appears now you can have access to twitter accounts and follow people you want to follow, viewing their recent tweets, without having an account. The way it was before.

I will have to check again later on to verify it.

The only difference is you can't view tweets made weeks ago. But it remains to see if the old 'system' is restored in the next few days.
edit on 17-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
a reply to: tanstaafl
Says you that most everything Fauci said was wrong.

Says me? No. Says all of the available evidence to date.

But of course, you have to be willing to read and evaluate it without relying on CNN talking heads for validation

As for Ivermectin:

Yes yes, we already know that the fed goons that create and enforce the federal guidelines for treating the big bad covid don't like Ivermectin or HCQ because they are cheap, and actually work, and had they acknowledged this, there would have been no legal basis for, and therefore no EUA for their experimental gene therapies and their death drug called remdesevir.

Just because certain courts dismissed the election fraud claims? How about losing 62 of 63 cases,

They didn't lose anything, the cases were dismissed on purely procedural questions (standing, jurisdiction, etc).

and SCOTUS dismissing all five cases before it?

SCOTUS doesn't dismiss cases, they either grant or deny certiorari.

As for hate speech, what do you think is leading to attacks like these?:

Mental illness? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that it is social media posts that are triggering these nutwhacks?

That's just two examples... would you like me to post a few hundreds of cases where the perps are radical leftists attacking peaceful people simply asking honest questions?

You like to claim all kinds of crap, but you can't back up any of it with news or science articles.

Well, you like to claim all kinds of crap, and back it up with speculation and opinion pieces written by radical leftist retards in rags falsely claiming to be credible sources.

That says it all.

So yes, harmful hate speech, misinformation and disinformation speech being spread on irresponsible social media sites such as Musk's Twitter.

Nope. Your opinion does not a fact make.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So why did the clown pay $44 billion for it in the first place?

Did you forget? Allow me to remind you - once it became clear that there were more bots than he was being told, he tried to back out of the deal, but the stockholders sued to force him to consummate the deal, so he went ahead and bought it anyway. But it turned out it was way worse than even he had begun to suspect.

How come he didn't do his due diligence researching its value before making a contractual offer for it.

He did. They outright and blatantly lied about how many bots there were, which was the direct cause of its being so overvalued.

And to say it is all because of bots is a big f'n lie.

The number of bots is why it was so overvalued in the first place, that is absolutely not a lie.

It's because advertisers are fleeing it in droves on account of the sh#t show he has made of it, including allowing hate speech.

You mean allowing what radical leftist nut-tards consider hate speech - you know, what is in fact simply free and open discourse.

Elon Musk says Twitter is still losing cash because advertising has dropped by half.

Yep... give it time, he'll get better and bogger advertisers eventually...

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Update

It appears now you can have access to twitter accounts and follow people you want to follow, viewing their recent tweets, without having an account. The way it was before.

The only difference is you can't view tweets made weeks ago. But it remains to see if the old 'system' is restored in the next few days.

This ability comes and goes. I can sometimes access a specific Twitter user's account and sometimes I can't. One way or the other works for days at a time.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
July 23, 2023

Announced earlier this weekend that the Twitter Bird will be changed to an "X", and the platform will operate on the X.com domain.

See this Article: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

If Musk had stepped away from the deal he would've been out something like $1 to $1.5 billion. That's a lot better than being down $20 billion as he himself has now acknowledged is the case. And if he didn't do the due diligence to determine more accurately how many bot accounts there were on Twitter or its real worth before making an offer, whose fault is that? If a person is going to pay $44 billion for something and involving other investors' money as well, he'd better damn well be certain of the underlying worth of the company, and shouldn't rely on what the original company's owners say. Obviously he didn't think that using the argument that he was misled by Twitter's board would hold water in a law suit. Caveat emptor.

As for various social media platforms, not just Twitter, being responsible for encouraging violence, there are any number of cases, the whole "2020 election was rigged" being exhibit A. But the Qanon Pizzagate one being another, as was the attack on Pelosi's husband at their SF residence. Also Trump's doxing of Obama's D.C. address seemed to cause at least one person to attempt violence there. Sure, the people involved in these latter couple of instances seem to have had mental issues. Nonetheless, violence-laden political vitriol will tend to influence such people to commit violence. Then there is the whole matter of the Jan. 6 riot, which was brought about by a long mis-information campaign, and then a call to people to come to D.C. This didn't just affect people with mental issues, unless you're suggesting that every person who went to this Stop-the-Steal rally had mental issues.

There was also a couple beaten up because some transphobes had mistakenly thought they had bought some Budlight. Seems that attack was very likely caused by social media.

A man and a woman who were mistakenly suspected of buying Bud Light were the victims of assault and “anti-homosexual slurs” in a”possible hate-motivated incident” outside a Canada liquor store, according to a police report.

A report from the York Regional Police said that “one of the suspects commented on the male victim’s choice of alcohol.”

A police spokesperson told Global News that the suspect believed the victim made a Bud Light purchase, and “uttered anti-homosexual derogatory slurs as he approached the victim.”

“Two more suspects got involved,” and the 26-year-old male victim was then knocked to the ground as the 27-year-old female victim was assaulted, the police report explained.

The “female victim required hospital treatment for her injuries” after the attack, which took place on May 6 outside of an LCBO liquor store on Jane Street and Major Mackenzie Drive West in Vaughan, Ontario.

Although the assault was triggered by an alleged Bud Light purchase, the male victim “actually didn’t have Bud Light,” a police spokesperson told Global News.

Couple suspected of buying Bud Light attacked outside Canada liquor store

With respect to the Fauci accusations and criticisms, the turn-around over first not saying everyone should mask up and then later saying that everyone should was quite bogus. Also his, the CDC's, the WHO's and any other organization or researcher who initially claimed it was definitely not a lab leak looks very bad at this point; I never accepted this rejection of the lab leak hypothesis. However, there was plenty of medical information that Fauci was correct about regarding Covid, so to allege that everything he said about it is a lie is itself a lie.
edit on 23-7-2023 by MrInquisitive because: Added a final paragraph

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In other what's up with Twitter? news, it is changing its name to "X ", and changing its logo to an "X".

Twitter is being rebranded as X

What a bold move. This rebranding will definitely own the libs and the woke mob, boy howdy! It'll also likely confuse and turn off a lot of people as well. I thought that generally when one buys a company, one wants to leverage the brand name as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that many of the current investors won't be pleased by this move. Perhaps this is Musk's attempt at becoming one of the X-men.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Update

This ability comes and goes. I can sometimes access a specific Twitter user's account and sometimes I can't. One way or the other works for days at a time.

I have noticed it too.
There must be something going on imo. But at least I can now access many other accounts and see their tweets.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If Musk had stepped away from the deal he would've been out something like $1 to $1.5 billion.

And you know this for certain... how?

He was sued to be forced to consummate the deal, and I guess maybe he then said wtf, and decided to just go ahead and deal with it.

And if he didn't do the due diligence to determine more accurately how many bot accounts there were on Twitter or its real worth before making an offer, whose fault is that?

I guess you cannot read... because it has been clearly stated multiple times t hat he did do his due diligence. They lied, and withheld information.

That is precisely why I don't understand why he isn't suing each and every Board Member and Corporate Officer for bad faith (and anything else that may be applicable to such actions).

As for various social media platforms, not just Twitter, being responsible for encouraging violence, there are any number of cases, the whole "2020 election was rigged" being exhibit A.

Such comments in no way shape or form can be seen as 'encouraging violence', except in the mind of a woke retard.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

That's probably the worst rebranding campaign ever, no wonder the tweets are called twix now. Elon Mars gave me a good chuckle there...

The Reason Twix Became So Controversial In Germany

edit on 25-7-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the situation. It appears that some people may not fully comprehend that the company in question is now private and no longer traded on the stock market. This change in status could lead to misunderstandings about its operations and financial aspects.

As for Musk's investment in Twitter, it's true that he may have paid a premium for it. However, his intention might have been to gain significant influence and control over the platform rather than just seeking a typical return on investment.

On a related note, I see you mentioned "superstonk" in your previous conversations. If you have any specific queries or topics related to Superstonk, feel free to share, and I'd be glad to assist you further.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=27075876]MrInquisitive[/post

This rebranding will definitely own the libs and the woke mob, boy howdy!

No, your own lies do that.
You only have yourself to thank.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davidsk
a reply to: AlienBorg

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the situation. It appears that some people may not fully comprehend that the company in question is now private and no longer traded on the stock market. This change in status could lead to misunderstandings about its operations and financial aspects.

As for Musk's investment in Twitter, it's true that he may have paid a premium for it. However, his intention might have been to gain significant influence and control over the platform rather than just seeking a typical return on investment.

On a related note, I see you mentioned "superstonk" in your previous conversations. If you have any specific queries or topics related to Superstonk, feel free to share, and I'd be glad to assist you further.

I agree very much with what you said.
I think a social platform is an excellent investment and I am sure it will also pay off financially in the future but that's not the only reason Musk bought this platform.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: [post=27075876]MrInquisitive[/post

This rebranding will definitely own the libs and the woke mob, boy howdy!

No, your own lies do that.
You only have yourself to thank.

Just how was I lying in that post? Or by all means quote any other post where I have lied.

And you're saying my lies own the woke mob? Doesn't that mean that my supposed lies are decisively defeating, with the implication of domination and possession, the woke mob? How is that the case?

Not making much sense there, chief, but carry on with the incoherent ad hominem attacks. It's working out so well for you.

I did notice, however, you didn't include in your quote of my post the part where I discussed what the point of branding and buying a well-known brand and paying a premium price for it is, and that this change in brand by Musk seems to fly in the face of business 101. Not surprised though, as that would make your reply look mighty false and ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It seems like they've recently made some changes where you can now access and follow Twitter accounts without having your own account. It's like going back to the old days when you could check out profiles without signing up. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I'll definitely give it a look and see what's up. The downside is that you can't see tweets from weeks ago, though. Let's hope they bring back the old system soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackWilliam
It seems like they've recently made some changes where you can now access and follow Twitter accounts without having your own account. It's like going back to the old days when you could check out profiles without signing up. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I'll definitely give it a look and see what's up. The downside is that you can't see tweets from weeks ago, though. Let's hope they bring back the old system soon.

I ve noticed this too but it has been in place for sometime now. For most of its history, twitter was accessible without having an account. The major problem with the old regime was the wokeness and the huge censorship.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackWilliam

By the way, have you tried getting any IG Accounts for sale? Just curious.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join