It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victorian gubment, have a 75 billion dollar war chest hidden that could be used to pay the debt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Victoria straya has about 160 billion in debt at the moment, there’s been big increases to state taxes.

It’s just been revealed the gubment have a hidden stash of 75 billion in a contingency fund, fir future use.

This money has been borrowed we are paying interest on it.

I can’t see why it can’t be paid back to reduce state debt.

Andrews is a joke.

www.afr.com...

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

"The Victorian government has quietly squirrelled away more than $75 billion in the budget to splurge on infrastructure and government agencies"

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guesstimate 10% infrastructure, 90% agencies. though i could be over-estimating the infrastructure splurge

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Emit1

There are 4 billion several billlikn dollar projects on the go at the moment.

This big spending is out of control.

We have just been hit with a 30 odd billion dollar covid emergency funding debt, that wasn’t mentioned before the budget.

Now land tax is increased up to 10000 per year per second home, so they can pay the debt.

They have money that could help lower taxes, though they want to screw us over.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

30 billion for the covid emergency funding debt eh.. you'll prolly get several highly efficient agencies formed for that, i'm gonna say.. 20'000 new desk jockey positions, who will require 2 desk jockeys each for backup.. let's see, at 100k per annum each that's, whatever, lots lol

new topics

top topics

join