It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why could the Mic Mac speak Basque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I found a nice little pearl of a vid, with some interesting and relatively unknown documented facts about what was occurring in Europe around the time of Columbus when he "discovered America" along with a few tidbits. Like why did he offer the Captain of the Pinta fifty percent of the profits? it was allegedly because he knew the way as he had been there before. This tends to obscure the fact that the Basque had long since cornered the Cod trade, and nobody knew where they were getting their immense catches from. This would tend to support the fact that the fishermen of the western European shores were quite familiar with the Americas at least the parts that concerned them for their trading enterprises.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Paddiewhack, give a dog a bone?

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nooo Thats "knick-knack paddywhack".

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nooo Thats "knick-knack paddywhack".

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, the Mic Mac were responsible for a certain "Pet Sematary" in Maine.

My will specifies that I will be buried there...

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i miss atlantic cod.
not so abundant anymore.

i can get basque cheese cake tho.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

How?? Is it different from French??

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That was an awesome and informative video. I watched the whole thing. Thank you!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I thought it would temp a few, it smells more like the truth.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

How about Prince Maddock from Wales? Up the Mississippi almost into Canada...and disappeared...

Now the tribe of Mandan indians speaks a Welsh dialect....along w other "transfered inflences of Welsh society.
edit on 05234031America/ChicagoWed, 03 May 2023 07:51:40 -050051202300000040 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I like how Columbus is winking in that image.

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Interesting. Highly compelling.

Having watched the Curse of Oak Island, I myself have come to believe that European fishermen probably discovered North America long before Chris Columbus's voyage.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Atlantic cod is so good. We make this dish with it at least once a month lately:

Plokkfiskur

So frickin delicious and really simple too.
Fish sure is expensive though. Always the most expensive thing on the bill....

The national dish of Portugal is salted cod. They import most of it from Norway.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That has to be among the most interesting and worth-while presentations of videos you've ever posted.

I was particularly interested in the way it draws out the chain of events surrounding something so common as cod fishing. That it could spur understanding of human expansion across the globe.

Interesting how the phrase "history is written by the victors" pans out when looked at under the light of actual evidence.

Maybe some of it is not actually embraced by traditional 'official' accounting of history... but it somehow rings truer, in light of what we know bout how in all of history the 'heroes" are often elite fops steeped in glory and cultural significance.

Very nice find!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

There is another Vid from the same guy, which describes the voyage of Magellan since he got killed in the Philippines, it was down to a Basque skipper who got one of the remaining ships back, via the Indian Ocean. The fact that the skipper wasn't one of the upper crust but still responsible for getting a cargo of cloves back that was worth a fortune, has all but been deleted from the general history books, so there seems to be a bias on the way history is recorded.I would imagine the reporting bias is found in all the records, as it was usually the rich and noble classes who paid for the report.

edit on 3-5-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join