It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's True What They Say About the NYT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

The New York Times has always been a worthless propaganda rag. Anyone who has worked in politics will publicly or secretly acknowledge this fact.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I would humbly accept the membership...

However, they might want to reconsider...

I never felt maligned... which is a requirement, I suspect.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
For the record neither the NYT or real clear politics broke the Hunter Biden laptop story. It was the NY Post that did...

I stand corrected... of course that was not an element of the thread... this was never about the Hunter Biden Laptop treatment.

You are correct about the "consequences" of daring to question Russiagate 'publicly.'

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
NYT is an intelligent agency asset whose purpose is to disseminate and preserve the narrtaive.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTitorSociety

The New York Times has always been a worthless propaganda rag. Anyone who has worked in politics will publicly or secretly acknowledge this fact.

The NYT has a very long history, and it has not always been as it is now.

And EVERYONE who works in politics will say ANYTHING that's politically expedient, ANYTIME.

I don't look to them for good judgment.... EVER.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
NYT is an intelligent agency asset whose purpose is to disseminate and preserve the narrtaive.

I doubt many could name any major news organization that has not fallen under 'narrative control' efforts. Could you? (No, seriously... are there any?)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I realized that it was not the topic. I just wanted to point out the Post did break that story not the times nor real clear politics. But I did forget to mention that the NY Times was one of the leads in trying to debunk it initially. If I recall correctly they (the NY times) eventually jumped on the lap top was real bandwagon after the damage was already done. AND never bothered to retract the initial reporting. In my humble opinion they believe they did wrong for the right reason or screw the truth we did our part to get Biden elected.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

I doubt many could name any major news organization that has not fallen under 'narrative control' efforts. Could you? (No, seriously... are there any?)

True, alt media is the only source for the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

I would humbly accept the membership...

However, they might want to reconsider...

I never felt maligned... which is a requirement, I suspect.

You'll have to buy the persecution complex upgrade in the app store once we get up and running.

To not be entirely off topic, as it relates to the OP.

Having never been married to any news sources and more fond of aggregators, I have definitely observed the accelerating drift away from reporting facts independent of spin. While the left has long enjoyed a much larger share of media under ideological capture, unprofessionalism was seemingly baked in to much of the alternative right wing news during its recent boom. Clickbait, misrepresentation, omission of important facts, seems to be ubiqutous. The last places to be infiltrated were international news, financial reporting, and sports (which isn't my thing anyway). Even financial reporting is now filled with implicit endorsements of party policy without consideration for alternative viewpoints, even those viewpoints that may be readily apparent to those even partly informed by real world data. It fuels broad mistrust in anybody not willing to sacrifice truth to a party agenda.

At this point my consumption of news platforms is incidental to me finding information rather than a frequent stop. It used to be I'd view the news and follow up with data, but now data is the only reliable place to start and often I never even bother to find out how they spin it. Being informed in 2023 means you have to already know what the important data is, otherwise you may never hear it in your news. It's a sad statement about the state of journalism.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The NYT was

Pro-Lenin
Pro-Stalin
Pro-Hitler
Pro-Mao
Pro-Taliban
Pro-Iraq War
Pro-Pfizer

Pretty much any terrible or stupid thing for the past 200 years, the NYT have been enthusiastic propagandists and cheerleaders for — I defy someone to find a single international exception.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Same bs just for you + peers as costumers.
Sorry I don't exactly where I got that from, but in a piece on the rise of the new media industry someone said: they discovered a previously unknown market 50% of the population.
And there are niches.
You always have to assume who does 'news' wants you to think like the author. Or there's a group putting that stuff together. Media/news is always embedded in an ideology.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTitorSociety

The NYT was

Pro-Lenin
Pro-Stalin
Pro-Hitler
Pro-Mao
Pro-Taliban
Pro-Iraq War
Pro-Pfizer

Pretty much any terrible or stupid thing for the past 200 years, the NYT have been enthusiastic propagandists and cheerleaders for — I defy someone to find a single international exception.

I pray someone can take up your dare, I can't at the moment of responding.

I will say that the list you provide only cements that the editorial ownership of the NYT has bearing on those cases. And as a group, those owners never expressed the 'totality' of journalism (a universal narrative) ... unlike more recently, as the point of the thread demonstrates.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well said.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ether8unny
Well said.

I met the ether8unny once while passing through Texas, many moons ago. True story.

We're in a different world now and I sometimes wonder what he'd make of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If there were a better way to respond to messages left in the github issue reporting system it would be easier to share thoughts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join