It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third High-Altitude Airborne Object Shot Down By US Fighter Jet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
High Altitude Airborne Swomp Gas Shot Down!

They Have to do some thing to
validate what the do. or don't do!

edit on 12-2-2023 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

It isn’t that they weren’t paying attention, the computers automatically filter certain things out to keep from overwhelming the operator. The balloons were small enough and moving slowly enough that the fillers remove them from the display. Because of the uproar over the “first” incident, NORAD changed the filters so that they’re basically showing everything now.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Using a $35,000,000 jet to blow up weather baloons sounds like a perfect expenditure of tax payer money. If you wanted to put on a show you'd do it exactly like this. Wagging the dog...

We're being played.

Lockheed doesn't get to send F-16's to Ukraine so they decided a new marketing campaign was needed for the F-22. Attack of the killer Chinese spy balloons. Just you watch, next people will be begging for more armed military aircraft in our skies.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The aircraft were going to fly anyway, and are the primary alert aircraft in Alaska, meaning they’re already armed. I believe Langley has Alert aircraft as well, but in that case the F-22 was the best platform due to altitude. Only the F-15 can get close to that, but that would have meant Massachusetts or farther. As for the Montana search, they used F-15s from Oregon.

Lockheed was never going to send F-16s to Ukraine. If we had sent them they would have been used aircraft from our inventory. If they get them at all, they’ll be aircraft being retired from active service from our allies. There’s no chance they’ll get new aircraft from Lockheed. And Lockheed has nothing to do with them being used to shoot down balloons. They don’t run the military.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Anyone else recall seeing a video here in the years past, of a tic tac looking object tethered and floating in a laboratory? It was hovering and using piston sounding jets to stabilize itself. As I said it was tethered in order to remain stable but looked as if it was self propelled.

I don't know anything else about the video and don't remember why it was posted. Really hoping someone remembers seeing this also.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
Maybe check out John Hutchinson's work.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jdottir

I am familiar actually. The video I am describing is not the same as his videos. It was a pretty short video that in and of itself wasn't all that exciting other than showing some pretty advanced tech. I know there will be someone here that remembers it, it's just a matter of whether or not they see my question.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Anyone else recall seeing a video here in the years past, of a tic tac looking object tethered and floating in a laboratory? It was hovering and using piston sounding jets to stabilize itself. As I said it was tethered in order to remain stable but looked as if it was self propelled.

I don't know anything else about the video and don't remember why it was posted. Really hoping someone remembers seeing this also.

That was a video from 2006 I believe, it was a lockheed martin air defense weapon. I thought it was pretty crazy too until I researched it. The object you're talking about is the "engine" of an anti missle.. missle. It needs to be extremely maneuverable to intercept incoming missles.

Thing is though.. it cant fly for very long at all

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Something like this?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxmarsChina makes cylindrical balloons -- probably what they are.
www.alibaba.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You are the best! That is precisely what I was looking for. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

LucidParadox was the one that jogged my memory.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt wrote: “Public opinion is formed by interest groups (politicians, arms manufacturers, the military) that deceive the electorate by giving them false or one-sided information.” Austrian economist Schumpeter wrote: “The orientation toward war is mainly fostered by the domestic interests of ruling classes but also by the influence of all those who stand to gain individually from a war policy, whether economically or socially.” These ruling classes have been defined as “elites [that] are at all times involved in trying to manipulate other elements of the population, or the public mood itself, so as to perpetuate themselves in power.”​—Why War? by Professors Nelson and Olin.

Every nation has its ruling class, even though that group may be divided into different political factions. However, many observe that the power of the military elite in every nation should not be underestimated. Former U.S. Ambassador John K. Galbraith describes the military establishment as “by far the most powerful of the autonomous processes of government.”

Shooting down balloons that were already there before they made their sensitivity filter adjustments to their radars, what a waste. Unless you're one of those "who stand to gain individually" "whether economically or socially" from such activities. Just keeping busy Falling Down construction style:

edit on 14-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Still no pictures or video??? Does make one wonder.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It’s unclear what the latest object is

yeah, coulda been a mylar balloon with cellphone attached, or
a PASSENGER JET..

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cappie

Fairly certain that they would have been able to identify a passenger jet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join