It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Madonna a "Recovering Catholic"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

Exactly. She rebelled and left the church back in her teens, blaming Catholicism for her continued trajectory is pretty weak. Back in the day I read stories of how she would bribe club DJ's to play her songs, and I'm not talking cash.

The first time I heard "Like a Prayer" on the radio I couldn't believe it. One of my first realizations of how dumb the general public is was when I heard people saying what an uplifting song it was. They were inspired by a song about BJ's LOL.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

Madonna is an attention seeking, social climbing, prostitute. Her first video, wearing a dog collar. Outrageous acts, gay friends, sleeping w music producers all under the guise of a sad, Catholic girl who grew up w/o a mother...no, she was never a true Catholic, she used everything in her arsenal to gain fame: she wanted and did what she "had" to for Superstar status.

She thrives on controversy and perversion and continues to so. If she was the "healthnut" she claimed to be, she would look so damned horrific.

I say this all as being a reformed fan.
edit on 10-2-2023 by GopiGrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No, but Ezekiel contains directions for making multigrain bread and using human or cow dung for cooking.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GopiGrl

Madonna is an attention seeking, social climbing, prostitute.

You know, I can see her face in my mind as it was when she was interviewed a long time ago.

There was a different picture then.

I'm trying to understand what happened.

I'm thinking Hollywood getting a hold of her has to be relevant.

As a comparison, I'm thinking about something I heard alleged about the life of Aleister Crowley: That his mother, when he was very young, was quoted as saying, "There is the Devil in that child!" Our parents have a profound effect on all of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher
I have never been Roman Catholic myself, so I am not speaking from personal experience.

But I've heard people I've spoken to personally refer to themselves as a recovering Catholic. My understanding for the reason for using such an expression is that children, while growing up being raised in a Roman Catholic household and being disciplined by nuns at Catholic school and being traumatized by the fear of dying and eternal damnation, once reaching adulthood psychoanalyze themselves and say to themselves, "I have to put this behind me."

I remember what Madonna was like when she was interviewed in the early days. She seemed perfectly normal.

But she's anything but normal now.

I wonder whether the Satanism she portrays now has anything to do with her Catholic upbringing? Did she go from one extreme to the other?

The answer to your question more than likely revolves around money. Too much money ruins people because you can only buy so much happiness before the misery destroys you.

I have seen the business side of religion being a computer repair guy, and it was enough to make me not interested in organized religion for that reason. I get the operating expenses and all, but the money perverts the entire idea of religion existing to nourish the soul. It seems to exist to make sure there is a place for the 10% to go. (if you don't know, you better axe somebody)

Agreed. As a Southern Baptist, I don't care much for big churches, new age gospel, or any preacher who doesn't need a side job to make ends meet (or at least lives frugal enough to survive on a small town preacher's salary). We bought our last preacher a minivan in the late 80's and he was still driving it when he passed a few years ago in his 90's. He came from Kansas and was a mechanic on the side and usually ended up fixing cars for free, lived in a small singlewide trailer with his wife. Our current preacher is in his late 40's, umpires baseball games as a side job and drives a little Tacoma. Neither one grew up in church, both found God later in life on their own and felt the call to share the gospel to those willing to listen. They understand you don't have to be perfect.
edit on 10-2-2023 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How much of that do you believe? Madonna, at the age of 5, lost her mom to breast cancer. When she was 9, her dad married the family's housekeeper and Madonna resented him for it, which is when she started to rebel. She got attention for acting stupid in school so she would do stuff like turn cartwheels down the hallway of the school and dangle upside down from the monkey bars so the boys could see her panties. She would also hike up her skirt in class to show them what color her panties were. She didn't rebel against religion, she rebelled against her dad's new wife. She's saying and doing things for attention like she did when she was a little girl.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yes, no guidance from mother could be part of it and LSU2018 has a point about rebelling except: she hired her father and family members.
But her astrological aspects show a highly creative, egotistical nature. She def manifested her goals, harnessed her creative powers, but her goals needed purification. Would mother have helped? I feel Madonna embraced the outcasts, went rogue against the record labels, used her sex to get what she wanted all in a perverse manner. Had she done it with the guidance/help of the Devine, it would have been so much better...for those involved, as a role model, for the planet...

Her continued devolvement is so sad.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GopiGrl

. . . she hired her father and family members.

That's very interesting. I don't know anything about the father and family members, other than the fact that it was a Roman Catholic household in more ways than just attending church.

Did her father and family members push her along in the entertainment industry to get rich? I wonder where they are now.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Must admit, at first look at this thread I thought it said "Cathoholic".

Don't know why.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The Kabbalah was pretty interesting when I read it. It at least proposed a interesting explanation for existance. Rather than, "Big guy in sky created earth in 7 days". Still doesn't explain much about existance, but it's an interesting religion.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
She's does practice and study the Kabbalah
(Hebrew, not Christian).

There is where she changed her
personality, and had gone down hill.
Since then, she's turned
into the prostitute of babylon.
Disgusting to say the least.
She sold her sole.

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher
Satanism Is Real - And So Are The Demons They Worship

That link crashed my laptop *confused*

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Her father was an engineer. I found one article about the two brothers who worked for her.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

One of the sisters was a publicist for Brian Eno - i read somewhere, years ago, she did work for Maddy and a brother did lighting for a while. Actually, I'm not sure about the father...he was already aged.

Link again: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-2-2023 by GopiGrl because: Link

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GopiGrl

Her brother Mario is a drummer (was) around here awhile ago. (Metro Detroit). Last her 1 sister was her onstage makeup person, another an assist, Mario n another 3-4!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join