It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strep A In The News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Alcohol is known as an agent of disinfection...

I don't know if one needs to be pickled so as to gain such an advantage, but good for you for being willing to experiment on yourself!

During the worst flu I ever had, I took my gramma's tode recipe. Two shots of your favorite high test booze of choice, two tablespoons of lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey in a big cup of hot tea as hot as you can stand to drink it. I drank it down, burning the # outta my mouth in about three minutes, put on sweats, and wrapped myself in a comforter and passed out.

I came to about three hours later absolutely drenched in sweat, but it broke my fever, and got me on my way to recovery.
edit on 15-12-2022 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2022 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
Over 40 adults have died too. I understand the deaths both in children and adults were due to iGAS

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yeeh i think also it being iGAS . Mirror.uk says 74 all age groups.

It' s now in the news also in USA .

link

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is so sad

Not totally convinced by the lockdowns causing a 'surge' in infections otherwise we would have seen it this Spring which is the 'usual' season it appears.
What is concerning, not just that this is happening out of season, but that there are over 120 different Strep A bacterium and scientists are already looking into seeing which one as they are thinking this is another type of Strep A hence the surge and out of season. Bad news if it is. It's been spiking in several European countries as you probably know, but worse here in UK.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeeh i have feeling something is off , we dont know all yet..

And bad feeling, that normal years are over for now....and difficult years ahead.

Look`s like natural remedys/ treatments are more important than ever, since public health side is having trouble.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Strep doesn't kill, strep A IS a strain of strep, and it's just a viral infection in the throat. It's just as prevalent as it's always been, and coof vaccination doesn't change the presentation. I work in medical, partly in a clinic, and this is malarkey.

Recently all the news outlets as well as charlatans who make scary videos online have grabbed on to the fact that they just need to talk about viral illnesses to get people watching their stuff. They're having a ball making money off people like yall.

Literally all you'd have to do, if you were terrified of strep for some stupid reason, is have a tonsillectomy, which doesn't eliminate risk entirely but does a pretty good job. Or you can just be normal and not worry about things like strep. Next will be mono, then lyme, then who knows what else.

Yall Crack me up, you know absolutely nothing about these things, something somewhere says "the chillren are dyiiin" and threads get made and people pretend to be experts on something they have graduated the school of Google for, with like an hour of experience in searching cherry picked articles. Was the same BS with RSV.

With RSV, sure we saw a rise in incidence with infection spreading to older folks, but not a crazy amount at all. 14k people over 65 die a year from it, and that's normal. We didn't see rsv or flu deaths skyrocket like they normally do the last two years, mostly because people were washing their hands and staying away from each other. That messed up immune systems a bit, as well as changed exposure.

Tldr everyone calm tf down and stop worrying about everything. Stop freaking out about things like RSV, strep, URI, bronchitis, laryngitis, anything else.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Spring? Try again. It is most common in very early winter, or fall. Same with rsv. It's because school starts, and then incubation of different kiddos, inside rooms, and then winter happens and they are inside moreoften, which helps spread things.

Sorry to burst your bubble of undoubtedly high first hand experience of "got told by some guy"

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yeah, because natural remedies, aka snake oil, is super effective against viral infection.

Have anything that regrows hair, that doesn't smell like urine?

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

May have been a typo...

but Strep of all strains in bacterial, right?

Strep A is different because of the potential of blood infection, so yes, it can kill. If the blood is infected, you're potentially looking at STSS, which then leads to organ failure, brain infection, and a few other ancillary symptoms before it kills you.

edit on 16-12-2022 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Your post dont make sense .

Are you the authority here to say what we allowed to discuss ?

Nobody is freaking out.

edit on 16-12-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Strep doesn't kill, strep A IS a strain of strep, and it's just a viral infection in the throat. It's just as prevalent as it's always been, and coof vaccination doesn't change the presentation. I work in medical, partly in a clinic, and this is malarkey.

^^^^^^ That. (Bolded part mine)
So you work in medical, in a clinic. Are you the caretaker? Because any first year med student would know Strep A is a BACTERIUM.

Literally all you'd have to do, if you were terrified of strep for some stupid reason, is have a tonsillectomy,

Your tonsils are your first line of defence in your throat. So, yeah, go ahead and get them taken out. (sarcasm). Strep A isn't isolated to your throat, it's classified as an upper respiratory infection. Take those tonsils away and virus/bacteria have an easier passage to your lungs.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Been talking about viral infections for so long, it was a brain typo, made worse by being on pain killers for an acute back issue.

Most sore throats are viral, which is why if someone comes in thinking they have strep, and a rapid test comes back negative, they have to wait for a culture to be returned from the lab for a positive confirmation. This is when we will most likely throw some abx at them when we are fairly sure it is bacterial. Which is when the backseat provider (the pt) usually start throwing a hissy fit about blah blah blah it's probably viral why are you giving me abx it won't do anything -insert crying emoji-.

Yes, if it's viral it won't do anything, except maybe help your incidental bacterial STI you haven't told your partner about. But if it DOES help, then hey it's a twofer, you got a sneak peak at that culture result and got a jump ahead on treating it.

All the same, it was a mistake I made above. Kinda been on autopilot last week or so. I'm just glad those mistakes are relegated to when I'm not at work.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

There are on average about 1000 deaths per year resulting from a run away streptococcus A infection. What you have to understand is that the overwhelming majority of these cases are people who either do not seek medical care at all while living with very serious health issues that are compounding, or are extremely sick to begin with. Most people don't realize how bad off some people are, but trust me, it is essentially not a worry in the slightest for 99.9999% of people. 13x more people die from an infected urethra. 20x more people die from exercising too intensely. 102x as many people die from diabetes.

Every year, excessive alcohol use has been cited in 140,000 deaths in the United States alone, from 2015-2019, or 380 deaths a day. So in three days, more people died from alcohol use than strep in a year, a bad year at that.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Fair play. Sorry to hear about your back. I can empathise.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Fair point with your statistics, not going to argue that there are more 'lethal' illnesses out there.
However, the nub of this thread is the children. Children can turn seriously sick in the blink of an eye, one minute they are poorly, next they are out of it.
Also, people need to understand and be aware that bacterial infections can turn serious, as in iGAS in Strep A's case. Prevention is better than cure and stitch in time saves nine come to mind.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
But to what point? Prevention of invasive bacteria falls down to basic hygiene, and not being on dialysis while taking hard-core injection steroids for comorbid illnesses without an abx onboard. I think that's pretty well handled. 🤔

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join