It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aimo Koivunen Pervitin Adventures in WW II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

"Koivunen was assigned to a ski patrol on 20 April 1944, along with several other men. Three days into their mission, on March 18th, the group was attacked and surrounded by Soviet forces, from which they managed to escape. Koivunen became fatigued after skiing for a long distance, but could not stop. He was also the sole carrier of army-issue Pervitin, or methamphetamine, a stimulant used to remain awake while on duty. Koivunen had trouble pulling out a single pill, so he emptied the entire bottle of thirty capsules into his hand and took them all.
He had a short burst of energy, but then entered into a state of delirium, and lost consciousness. Koivunen remembered waking up the following morning, separated from his patrol and having no supplies. In the following days, he escaped Soviet forces once again, was injured by a land mine, and laid in a ditch for a week waiting for help. After skiing more than 400 km (250 miles) he was found and admitted to a nearby hospital, where his heart rate was measured at 200 beats per minute, double the average human heartbeat, and weighing only 43 kg (94 pounds). In the week Koivunen was gone, he subsisted only on pine buds and a single Siberian jay that he caught and ate raw."

en.wikipedia.org...

Why is this not a movie, this needs to be a movie or like a mini series.

Man eats 30 meth pills without water to escape the Communist Russians literal goes on meth fueled adventure, two weeks in the wilderness out of his mind.

Best part is when he Skis through a commie camp and they give chase after him.

Starving, Injured, yet the wunder drug gives him the juice he needs to make it through.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
This is a very interesting story. The only thing I can say is, yeah, enough speed will do that to ya. S/F

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Probably one of the best WWII stories I had ever come across, I had seen this video a while back, but it had popped back onto my feed, and thought I would share.

The part where he thinks its Germans and Skis towards their camp only to be Russian camp, flying by on skis groaning and they give chase after the man.

This guy deserves a statue at the very least!

join