It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to block YouTube soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just been reported today. If "Russian Troll " guy stops by maybe he can translate this article.
What's App is banned in Russia, but skype is still ok.

news.mail.ru...

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Best I can do.

Apparently, YouTube has signed its own verdict. Save content, transfer to Russian platforms. And hurry up,” she said.

Earlier in April, the Federation Council announced the risk of YouTube being outlawed in Russia after blocking the channel of the State Duma. Andrey Klishas, ​​head of the Federation Council Committee on Constitutional Legislation and State Building, stressed that he regrets such actions by YouTube.

Video hosting is taking a confident step towards becoming banned in Russia, he added.

On April 9, Google blocked the Duma TV channel of the State Duma on YouTube without the possibility of recovery.

It is specified that the channel had about 145 thousand subscribers, the number of video views exceeded 100 million.

In March, YouTube blocked the channels of Russian state-funded media. YouTube has also completely suspended all monetization features for users from Russia. In addition, Premium and Music Premium subscriptions were not available for users from the Russian Federation.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

WhatsApp is not banned in Russia. I just sent and sent a message and made a phone call.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Russia has been wanting to separate internet way before now. None of this really hurts them. RuNet has been being talked about since at least 2010 from what I can find. Russia and China both want 100% “internet sovereignty”. Russian news sources written on this for years you can google if you want Russian sources.

This war is just searing it along. They already have their own versions of instagram and all. Which they told everyone to switch to after Russia blocked Meta.

www.reuters.com...

Another RBC source said the capability of physically disconnecting the Russian part of the internet was tested. It was not immediately clear how long the disconnection lasted or whether there were any noticeable disruptions to internet traffic. The law stipulates that tests be carried out every year, but operations were called off in 2020 due to complications with the COVID-19 pandemic, RBC said.

The Kremlin was aware of the tests, spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, describing them as timely and saying that Russia had to be ready for anything. The legislation seeks to route Russian web traffic and data through points controlled by state authorities and build a national Domain Name System to allow the internet to continue working even if Russia is cut off.

They’ll never be cut off. They most definitely will cut themselves off.
edit on 9-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

Figure Russian internet and censorship can’t be worse than what I have now

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Speak for yourself. I can look at any site I want, outside of state owned sources AND 500mbp/s

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveSeeker

Speak for yourself. I can look at any site I want, outside of state owned sources AND 500mbp/s

I was speaking for myself, who else
If you don’t think google or whatever filters your searches

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You’re not capable of using search engines inside VPNs?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Evidently no, as is most of our society, they call it the msm for a reason.
My back hurts, my knees hurt, not a kid anymore
I come here for my news, don’t need a VPN, well probably do but, well you know

My point is, the internet in the West is heavily regulated and pretty sure we all know that

a reply to: PassiveSeeker

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That's too bad.

There are couple of Russian channels I subscribe to that are actually good windows into the various ethnic groups and cultures in Russia.

Here's one of them:
youtube.com...

She's a very lovely girl who has taken it upon herself to showcase Russia and all of its various cultures and people. It's a positive thing to get to know people. You'll find less reasons to want to go to war and kill them.

edit on 4 9 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

They are banning because everything else the west has banned Russia this was expected to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Here is another Bit of Interesting News ...........

15% of Global Calories are Produced and Provided by Russian Wheat Harvests . As of Now , those Wheat Exports have Ceased . World Famine is going to be the Result . This was All Planned in Advance by the Globalists . They MUST BE STOPPED or Millions of the Worlds People will Die of Starvation in the Next Few Years .

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

23 % in bread cost overnight here. Luckly this is wheat planting in japan so we should be fine

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don’t know if YouTube will be blocked in Russia, but I see that the process of opening new channels on Rutube has begun.

For example, the Russian Ministry of Defense has not published anything on its YouTube channel for a month now - www.youtube.com...

but it opened its channel on Rutube and the last publication was there 2 hours ago - rutube.ru...

top topics

join