It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurrection: The leftist media's new buzzword

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I find this interesting.....

Similar to the definition you have in the OP, Merriam-Webster gives this first.

Essential Meaning of 'insurrection'

: a usually violent attempt to take control of a government

Then right below that, the second response they give is the Full Definition, which says nothing about violence.

Full Definition of 'insurrection'

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Going by the full definition, then practically any protest would qualify as an 'insurrection'.

But then if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, they have....

Legal Definition of 'insurrection'

: the act or an instance of revolting especially violently against civil or political authority or against an established government

If there's any doubt, then it seems like the Legal Definition' would be the one to go by.

Hmmmm I don't know... Like I said, I just think that's interesting.
I wonder what the reason is for that discrepancy....

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Insurrection is a 4 syllable word.Therefore,not usable by the average leftist vocabulary.🧐

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I take it to mean armed rebellion and disregard for the rule of law with the intent to overthrow the percieved legitimate government of a nation.

I have yet to see an armed insurrection take place within the US though you know it is one of there rules under the constitution that every citizen is meant to be allowed to rise up in insurrection should a tyrannical government take control as that was the original purpose of a peoples militia within the US, there are probably very few of those left though and private militia are not the same thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I'm glad you brought this up. In the past few years, TPTB have been actively changing definitions to suit their political narratives. Here's a few:

Vaccine

Herd Immunity

And of course, Racism

I wonder what the definition of insurrection will look like in the future? Will it be changed to protect certain individuals or groups?

P.s. THIS IS WHY WE ARCHIVE EVERYTHING

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yup, country-wide riots by BLM and Antifa are perfectly fine. "Riots are the language of the unheard" and "protests are supposed to make you uncomfortable," when they align with the political agenda.

But if they don't, then it's "domestic terrorism" and "insurrection."

This meme equally applies to the trucker protest:

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Let's rewind to the summer of 2020. BLM and Antifa riots certainly fit this definition better.

Violent? Absolutely. Assaults, hospitalizations, and murders happened during these riots.

Uprising? The scorched vehicles, buildings, and vandalism would say so.

But ATS remember now, whenever the next BLM or Antifa riot happens, DO NOT let the media or your peers or your family get away with calling it anything other than an INSURRECTION if the actions fit the bill.

edit on 10-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Didn't major corporations donate millions to BLM? Didn't celebrities bail out rioters?

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

doesn't this solidify that the previous 2 years of BLM riots were also "insurrections" and those who participated, and facilitated them are guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors? I only ask, as the current VP bragged about donating money to bail out violent protesters who were arrested, arrested for taking part in an insurrection based on this.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Everyone on the left is unraveling, due to not having any leaders with brains.

Tonight, Joe Biden is warning of WWIII, if the U.S. needs to evacuate our citizens from Ukraine.

Dumb Dumb Dumb: www.nbcnews.com...

Other countries are wondering what the hell is wrong with this man. They see no need to pull their citizens out of Ukraine. Not with peace-talks ongoing.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

I hope the MSM radicals really do "lose it" after voters totally reject Democrats and all they REALLY stand for, this coming November.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Madviking

I hope the MSM radicals really do "lose it" after voters totally reject Democrats and all they REALLY stand for, this coming November.

Agreed, at this point, these hypocrites and propagandists deserve far more than just a meltdown.

Let's hope November is on the level.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
And the Republicans thinks smearing feces on the walls of our Capitol is "legitimate political discourse".

Legitimate political discourse is the Rights new buzz word.

So when did that happen? Got any proof on who did it?

How about an actual bomb being set off in the Senate Building in September 1983? How about Bill Clinton commuting the sentences of two people associated with the bombing? How about one of the people that Clinton commuted going to work for a group called "Thousand Currents", who just happen to have been the money managers for BLM? How about the bombers being associated with the Weather Underground an off shoot from the Students For a Democratic Society? In 1969 a speech was given during Commencement at Wellsley College. The College Administration caved to the wishes of the SDS that they be represented. The speech was given by Hilary Rodham who later became Hilary Clinton. Two members of the Weather Underground who have been linked to the murder of a police officer have had a free pass. Bill Ayres and his wife Bernadine Dorn, who just happen to be considered as mentors by Barack Obama.

Come back when you have something that isn" sh*t.

i

in 1954 some members of a radical porta rican group shot up the house from the inside while it was in session.

jimmy carter pardoned them.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
January 8, 2023

There's a GOOD INSURRECTION happening in Brazil at this moment.

Like Jan 6, 2021 in America, citizens are walking into their own buildings...the buildings their taxes built and maintain.

Source: justthenews.com...

And so far, no trigger-happy goons in police uniforms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join