It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog fur in car / truck carpeting - Eureka!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Anyone who who has pets and cars likely knows that pet fur, especially very fine fur, can be a real bear to get out of auto carpeting. You probably already know you can't vacuum it out because it gets down into the matting and it just won't vacuum out. For years I've tried to figure out a good way to get it all out. Well, I discovered a solution today for getting dog/pet fur out of auto carpeting. It still requires a little work, but the end result is actually really great, almost as good as a detail shop which costs hundreds of dollars.

What you do is fill a small bucket with a little water in the bottom, and get a rag like a micro-fiber cloth or small towel. Wet the rag and wring it out real well to where it is damp, but not wet. Wipe the carpet in one direction repeatedly and it will pull the fur all to one spot. Once you've got a good amount of fur collected up you can easily pick it out with your fingers and have your vacuum nearby to suck it up as soon as you pull it free from the carpet. You'll have to do this in numerous areas, but it gets all the fur out of your carpet...and you have a fur-free auto again.

I know, I know, some of you never take a critter in your car, but with as many critters as we have fur just gets everywhere, even if the critter isn't in the car/truck. So, if you have this issue, this solution will help.

Hope this helps you.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You could shave the dog?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Have you tried one of these? I find it works brilliantly

ACE2ACE pet hair remover

edit on 7-11-2021 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I just avoid looking at the back seat.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Being the rough riding,spurs dulled from use, leather necked weathered soul that you are, I find it hard to believe that you don't collect all that material and force your wife to work it in a loom..

Somehow I picture you towering over her with an angry glare foaming at the mouth while muttering

"Loom it... Loom it real good!"

The end product ?
A riding crop ?

A dream catcher?

Mayhap a fur-lined wheel-cover for those oh so cold mournings?

Who knows what lurks in your demented brain..who knows how many times you have carried out this sick ritual.....?

Fixated on your cleanliness...

Or maybe I've spent to much time watching the Dexter marathon in preparation for the new mini series debuting tonight...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
😇

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That sounds like a good idea. I've had luck with using a squeegee more or less in the same fashion.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have 4 Huskies.

This is as true as it gets. Busted two shop vac in 4 years.

look honey our neighbors have huskies meme

edit on 7-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Wrong pic.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My Dad bred Samoyeds when i was a kid. At one point we had 7 adult dogs, you could actually see clumps of hair floating around our house and my school clothes had more dog hair than cloth.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I don't think we are talking about the same quantities of hair here.

That looks pretty much like a lint roller...a lint roller would clog up in about 12 seconds with what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's not a sticky roller, it's one of those brush one direction it picks up and brush the other direction and it removes the hair off the roller. The rubber bar does the removing as you roll back and forth and the hair gets moved into the chamber at the back, where you can just lift it all out in one lump. Works great.

new topics

top topics

join