It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Reason Why Calling Haiti A %-Hole Really Is Incredibly Racist.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Spider879

Semantics.

I think its fairly clear what is being discussed

No it's a bit more than semantics,
are Belarus ,Maldovia etc 3rd world countries??. Trinidad??.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: pavil

I just scanned the malaria list and quite a few countries with the highest rates were not what I would consider 3rd world..

Like basiclly every tropical region on the planet had thousands of diagnosed cases every year.

Seems to me it is more of an equator thing, rather than a “cultural” thing..

It’s really about mosquitoes, right??

Well p don’t die during the winter in the tropics . Mainly because they have no winter lol..

Really all this is silly and off topic as humanly possible...

I doubt the originator is basing his beliefs off the local blood drives waiting list.. lol

It was a random “additional evidence “ claim, that though I don’t think it holds up, was never super relevant.

It's more about the ability to have
Mosquito prevention. The poorer the country, the more Malaria. Link

Let's face facts, Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. 20 poorest countries in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 16-1-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: St Udio

I agree..

It wasn’t till he said “ why can’t we have more immigration from Norway (aka the whitest place on planet earth) instead” that made it being racist as the most plausible answer.

that makes you the racist thinker. Just before this was supposed to happen Trump had just met with Norways rep personally. It would be a slight otherwise. You made it race. You think in terms of race. You slander cultural norms to get to your ideological platform pretending racists are everywhere. But the racist is you. You see them everywhere as projection of that id inside. I have learned over the years to have cautious disdain for those quick and willing to wagthe finger at others.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Lol...

Then so is Ben Shapiro and everyone else in the country who is not a card carrying member of the cult of trump lol..

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

“Why do we need immigrants from all of these African Holes?!?”

“Why can’t we have more immigration from Norway instead?!! “

I have no idea why people would take that as racist?!?!!

BWAHAHAHA

edit on 16-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Do you mean from a trade perspective? A common interest perspective? Dude, correlation does not equal causation. Your mind thinks in racist terms. Thats the correlationa reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

It's laughable how some people fall hook, line and sinker for MSM bait. Keep saying Trump is evil, it's how he's going to win again in 2020.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

When you have to go that far and complex to say it is racist. Its not!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
When will the USA do like nearly every other country and not allow legal immigration unless you:

Prove health status (no communicable diseases or illness)
Prove ability to support yourself
Clean criminal record
etc

For some reason it's fine for most everyone else to do this but if it's the USA we're all a bunch of racists.
One thing as a liberal that made me question liberal stances on immigration in the US was living in China. In China they are very strict on undocumented workers, including white ones(there are plenty on tourist visas), and give very heavy fines for such workers, and deport them when caught. Not just that, but those who are documented must take medical tests for diseases including HIV. You also are supposed to be a foreign expert of some kind, i.e. not an unskilled worker. Those that fail also can't stay. Long story short, it became apparent to me that many non white nations have sensible and strict immigration rules. I guess they are "racist" too.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
None of this really makes any sense to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

WOOWOO
We got maps now.

It's a culture thing. The freedom to feel liberated to poo outdoors anywhere is an inalienable right.
Now that we got maps to navigate by we can identify where the imported culture is and we can begin the non racist assimilation process. I'm guessing and assuming those plastic porta-potties are symbols of white authority and supremacy, meant to impose upon the culture temporary prisons temporaririly corraling their free spirits to inhabit and poo freely and unconstrained by white culture. So maps are good. And public fountains. We need more public fountains with ponds in the streets for washing. I saw this in a youtube video from Paris, France. This refugee guy was cleaning his backside and drinking and I think thats just brilliant. We need maps and public fountains.

a reply to: Truth4Alls

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

We need no such things. Somewhere along the lines, our people/government just stopped giving a sh##. When you lower your standards (generally speaking) to such extreme depths, the situation/conditions we have now are inevitable.

I still say it is far too gone to be fixed. The only real hope is having a person supply, decent amount of knowledge and a couple dozen close friends or family members. That of course is unless Trump decides to use military force to purge our own ranks of corruption/traitors.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Why is the quote automatically assumed to be true, when nobody actually knows?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The media portrays it as true, and it's accepted as if true.

Monkey see, monkey do.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
... but it is a #hole though.

Bruh: poverty rate of 58 percent. Extreme poverty rate of 24 percent.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Bruh:

Reliable crime statistics for Haiti is difficult to come by. A comparative analysis of figures from various police/security entities operating throughout Haiti indicates that incidents of crimes tend to be inaccurately or under-reported.[1] Thus, for example, the Haitian criminal justice system documented 1,033 murders, for a murder rate of 10.2 per 100,000 people, in 2012, and as few as 486 (5.1 per 100,000 people) in 2007.[2] In contrast, an independent study tracking a large number of households in urban areas of Haiti recorded 11 murders among 15690 tracked residents during a 7-month period from August 2011 to February 2012, for an effective annualized murder rate of 120 per 100,000 residents.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Bruh:

Sexual violence in Haiti is a common phenomenon. Being raped is considered shameful in Haitian society, and victims may find themselves abandoned by loved ones or with reduced marriageability. Until 2005, rape was not legally considered a serious crime and a rapist could avoid jail by marrying his victim. Reporting a rape to police in Haiti is a difficult and convoluted process, a factor that contributes to underreporting and difficulty in obtaining accurate statistics about sexual violence. Few rapists face any punishment.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Bruh:

U.S. government agencies estimate that 83 metric tons or about eight percent of the coc aine entering the United States in 2006 transited either Haiti or the Dominican Republic.[15] Throughout the late 1980s and into the 1990s, leading members of the Haitian military, intelligence and police were involved in the illegal drug trade in Haiti, assisting Colombian drug traffickers smuggling drugs into the United States.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Like I said; #hole. That's just stating a fact. Just because they got jerked around a bunch, doesn't make it racist to call a spade a spade. Sorry, kiddo, but you're gonna have to let those EVIL! trumpers have this one.

It's a nice history lesson, really, but your accusations of racism are desperate, and a distortion. According to your logic, it'd be racist to say a portojohn is a #hole, because those pesky whites keep dropping stink logs in there on purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join