It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions High in Houston After Police Forced to Shoot Armed Black Man Waving Gun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It almost sounds like suicide by cop. These were two Latino cops and I'm sure they did not want to shoot him considering all the tension right now. They had NO choice. Cops have a tough tough job. I heard some statistics today that cops are 40% more likely to be killed by a black male than any other race. So, knowing that fact, they are bound to be more cautious and alert when approaching them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: supremecommander

I'm just a tiny little Caucasian looking female, but if I were to wave a firearm around in a residential neighborhood and then proceed to point it at the police here in my city, I'd fully expect to be lit up like a Christmas tree for my trouble. I agree, you don't do that. Unless you want it to be the last thing you ever do.

I mean this is common sense.

I'm a licensed carrier but hell, the only time my gun should be out is when my life is in danger. That goes for anyone.

the discussion needs to be honest on all sides. stuff like this is unacceptable. getting killed in your car after declaring you're a licensed carrier is a whole other story.

i don't feel sorry for this ass hole at all, he just wanted to start trouble.
edit on 9-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It almost sounds like suicide by cop. These were two Latino cops and I'm sure they did not want to shoot him considering all the tension right now. They had NO choice. Cops have a tough tough job. I heard some statistics today that cops are 40% more likely to be killed by a black male than any other race. So, knowing that fact, they are bound to be more cautious and alert when approaching them.

That stat is false, officers are more likely to be killed by white males. can you post your source from whatever white nationalist blog that you found it on before i use FBI data to educate you?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

That stat is false, officers are more likely to be killed by white males. can you post your source from whatever white nationalist blog that you found it on before i use FBI data to educate you?

I heard it today on the radio. Don't remember which station I was listening to at the time, but it was a black man that said it. I believe he took in the fact that there are more whites than blacks, but blacks by percentage actually commit more felonious crimes. Go ahead and post the government stat.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

not to pot to fine a point on it, she/they didn't say all black people.
she said "folks like that", as in "The young guy in the interview" that roadgravel was talking about.

care to show me where she lumped all black people togather? i reread the post a bunch of times, and even tried to see it in the aspect you say she meant, and i just cant see it.

and i don't believe she was judging all blacks, just individuals that act like ""The young guy in the interview".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

I heard it today on the radio. Don't remember which station I was listening to at the time, but it was a black man that said it. I believe he took in the fact that there are more whites than blacks, but blacks by percentage actually commit more felonious crimes. Go ahead and post the government stat.

www.fbi.gov...

www.fbi.gov...

just because blacks commit more felonies per capita doesn't mean they are the ones killing cops the most.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

not to pot to fine a point on it, she/they didn't say all black people.
she said "folks like that", as in "The young guy in the interview" that roadgravel was talking about.

care to show me where she lumped all black people togather? i reread the post a bunch of times, and even tried to see it in the aspect you say she meant, and i just cant see it.

and i don't believe she was judging all blacks, just individuals that act like ""The young guy in the interview".

she's painting a broad brush, she can kiss my ass to be honest. Whites are never painted that broadly, they are judged as individuals no matter the circumstance. as a black male who lives a good, honest and successful life, I want that same privilege that you have. step in my shoes for a second and realize why what she says warrants a slap down. every time some jack ass on here says "the blacks do this" i sit and say to myself wtf...I don't do any of that...and the other black people who i know don't live like that...so why?

there is a huge % of white people in jail right now. on drugs. on welfare. should minorities start lumping white people together too??

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

so she didn't say all black people, you just think she is painting with a broad brush.

as i said she said people like "The young guy in the interview", which is people that behave and or hold attitudes like that young guy.

again i asked for specific lumping of all black people. and don't pretend that you didn't understand what she meant, your posts come across as being more intelligent than that.

edit on 9-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Sorry...What part didn't you like?

The I have a dream part or the one above....about peace and love etc?

I notice you have taken an aggressive stance in this thread.

Is this indicative of the problems in multiracial USA?

Is this how far things have come since the 60s?

Do you feel "blamed" and a victim because of your skin colour?

My post was no more than an observation from a far away vantage point......mainly about defending the Police.

People these days do seem too highly strung..........do we really need that?

I respect and am interested in your opinion, as you have different experiences to me, please continue to post.

This issue needs rational people to discuss the situation.....perhaps find a solution.

Dont worry, Be Happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ah, I found a way to post finally! All the usual Reply icons, are all gone!

Seriously, here's a couple screen-shots.

Like... where did it go? In a very small section of where the reply button used to be, it turns into a hand, however clicking does nothing.

Anyways... now I've completely forgot what I was going to reply with... so uhh...

Will the media ever quit labeling every man, woman, and child by their race in the headlines? It's always a black, mexican, white, etc.. man. I can understand when it has something to do with like a murderer on the loose, as that would help with identifying, Not sure what else to babble on about, just wish I could remember what I originally wanted to reply with.

edit on 7/10/2016 by digitalbluco because: spelled couple copy the first time, also... still no reply icons

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

the top one happens to me sometimes, i think it has something to do with the way ATS servers logs your last reply or the last reply that your responding to, or cookies.
when that happens i do one of two things, click the page number before the blank page number and it goes back to that page.
if that doesn't work i clear cookies.

never seen anything like the second one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join