It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce and the DNA of the New Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce and Aleister Crowley were born and died within two of years of each other. Although no official record exists of any correspondence between the two, they spoke almost in unison about the dawning of a new age. They spoke about a fundamental transformation in humankind that was underway. The invisible hand of the spiritual world was winding the gears of the universal DNA until it clicked on the Aquarian age.

Both heard the click.

It was because they had vastly different approaches in their teachings, rituals and lifestyle that, in fact, added to the validity of the double helix in their spiritual philosophy. It was as if there was one secret hymnal and the key to its strength was that very different walks of life could read its text and come to a consistent conclusion: The New Age was dawning.

Edgar Cayce’s upbringing and life’s journey was the exact opposite of Crowley’s. It was almost a perfect film negative. In this we might find some kind of balance, some kind of spiritual validation to the well-educated, worldly, decadent, slip and slide legend that was Crowley’s. Edgar Cayce was born in rural Kentucky to farmers and only achieved an eighth grade education. But by the end of his life he was giving psychic readings so complete, so complex, that the most learned minds of the day were heeding his advice and advancing research in their respective fields. His readings were vast and intricate, catching the attention of such unlikely constituencies ranging from the medical community to Wall Street. All of this while Edgar Cayce, the man, was asleep. That was Edgar Cayce’s niche – he would give psychic readings while he was asleep. When he was under he could adopt an almost unlimited knowledge on almost any subject along with the necessary vocabulary to articulate what was being asked of him. When Cayce was awake, he was back to being a regular man with a rural upbringing.

The Association for Research and Enlightenment
I had an opportunity to talk with Peter Woodbury, an official spokesperson for the Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E) in Virginia Beach, VA. The association was founded by Edgar Cayce for purposes of improving life through spiritual information and ideas based on his own readings. Today the center offers different activities including lectures, conferences, meditation sessions and even guided tours to different places on the planet that Mr. Cayce found spiritually profound.

Mr. Woodbury is a Harvard educated hypnotherapist that has a traditional practice as well as participates with the A.R.E in past-life hypnosis and regression.

Read More at Disinfo

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I got to visit ARE also. We even considered moving there to be near the place for a while. His book, I think it was called "There is a River" or something like that, was one that got me onto this path.

Regarding Mr. Cayce and Crowley, I never would have put these two names in the same sentence. Interesting. While it's been years, the one quote I loved most about Mr. Cayce was when he was asked, while in trance, "What happens to Catholics when they die?" His response was, "They become dead Catholics." I still giggle when I remember that line.

His was a sad story though, being able to help everyone but his own relatives. Funny when you put the names together, you could almost make the opposite remark, which is part of your point of reference, that Crowley helped no one but himself.

Interesting conclusion, yours.
edit on 15-2-2016 by ClownFish because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Let's see, Edgar Cayce...The 'psychic' who said that California would fall into the Pacific and that China would have been entirely converted to Christianity by the end if the 60's. The 'psychic' who said that 1933 would be a good year financially. The 'psychic' who said that we'd find an "Atlantean death ray" in '58....The fact that anybody today even knows his name is mind-boggling. The fact that anybody today believes any of his 'predictions' is terrifying.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

For what it's worth, and to you perhaps nothing, which is your choice, the man did save a few lives. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. But you are also right. One needs to look at the totality.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Let's see, Edgar Cayce...The 'psychic' who said that California would fall into the Pacific and that China would have been entirely converted to Christianity by the end if the 60's. The 'psychic' who said that 1933 would be a good year financially. The 'psychic' who said that we'd find an "Atlantean death ray" in '58....The fact that anybody today even knows his name is mind-boggling. The fact that anybody today believes any of his 'predictions' is terrifying.

Dude, seriously, you gotta link me to a post where you're not out of hand dismissive on a topic. It's for me personally to ensure I'm not going crazy cause who in their right mind would spend so much time on a website discussing topics you don't believe in. I kid, I kid..sorta.

OP: I loved the read in that it was very captivating, great word choices, just really engaging. Great job! Almost clicked the link.

Not to totally sound like a hypocrite after posting the above to Admire, I just don't see enough correlation to have a looksie. That said, I have remarked in how my mind has evolved over the course of a decade and even a couple years ago I shared the same thought "we have ascended" and didn't realize it. BUT....than I go and talk to people outside ATS.....yeah, not so much. Than you know....there's all this war. And celebrities these days be knocking boots with ascended minds without prior consent, and priests....don't get me started. Ugh.

Even still, as I said, I have contemplated the same and if years from now it is more obvious I will call the spade for what it is. A rose.

See Admire! That's how ya do it!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

he was a fraud from what I've read

www.straightdope.com...

One problem here, as with most claims of psychic success, is the fairly vague nature of the "psychic" predictions. It's made worse by the fact that Cayce gave thousands upon thousands of readings--he was bound to get a few right by accident. As with most "psychics," people remember the hits and forget the misses.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant about the stenographer, but, yes, according to The Skeptic's Dictionary (skepdic.com/cayce.html), a stenographer did take notes during the sessions. However, this has little to do with whether his readings were accurate. "But wait," you might say, "we can look at those reports and see if he was accurate!" Not really. The Skeptic's Dictionary notes: "Cayce usually worked with an assistant (hypnotist and mail-order osteopath Al Layne; John Blackburn, M.D.; homeopath Wesley Ketchum). According to Dale Beyerstein ("Edgar Cayce: The 'Prophet' Who 'Slept' His Way to the Top," Skeptical Inquirer, January/February 1996), "these documents are worthless by themselves" because they provide no way of distinguishing what Cayce discerned by psychic ability from information provided to him by his assistants, by letters from patients, or by simple observation. Also, Beyerstein explains, "the transcripts tell only what Cayce said, with no indication of what he said as being true." As the Skeptic's Dictionary notes, "1n short, the only evidence for Cayce's psychic doctoring is useless for testing his psychic powers."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

According to Cayce, the Great Pyramid and Sphinx were built by survivors from Atlantis - in 10500 BC. He said that the Atlanteans had built an underground 'Hall of Records' that contains the collected wisdom of their race and which, he said, would be discovered in 1998. This would somehow trigger a New Age, and the emergence of a new race.

We spent a lot of time looking at Cayce's predictions - and found that, despite the fact that his followers claim that he was 'close to one hundred per cent accurate', you would be hard pressed to find even one of his prophecies that has come true.

For example, recently someone told us that Cayce was a brilliant prophet because, in the early 1940s, he predicted that China would become Communist by 1968. Of course, if true, that would be impressive. Unfortunately, what Cayce actually said was that China would become Christian by 1968.

But even so Cayce is extremely interesting. Far from being a virtual simpleton, he was extremely widely read, and as a young man worked in several bookstores. He was also entrusted with setting up new lodges for his fellow Freemasons. But more significant than that were his contacts. We discovered that, just after the First World War, Cayce was called in to advise President Woodrow Wilson. The person who arranged this was a close friend of Cayce's, Colonel Edmond Starling, who was head of the US Secret Service.

new topics

top topics

join