It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper facing long prison sentence over lyrics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's dog #.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
It's dog #.

You think that is violent? Have you ever listened to NWA, 2pac or ICP? This is nothing compared with that.

I don't care if you like the music or not. I'm not a big modern mainstream rap fan either; but it's irrelevant when we're talking about his actual gang connections. I could write a rap album about taking over the world with a nuclear holocaust, but that doesn't mean I have terrorist ties or that I'll actually do it. I mean do we really need to go through gangsta rap artists one by one and point out the hundreds of things they lie about or make up for record sales? Trust me, I grew up on 90s hip hop. Eminem has written songs about killing his wife among other stuff and he isn't in jail.

Song lyrics alone valid pieces of evidence, I'm sorry. And again, the music doesn't determine the culture, the culture determines the music. Also, it's good to know that the majority of hip hop consumers are actually white suburbian folks. The executives all understand that white people are a majority and the music is actually marketed to them.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
It's dog #.

Great analysis!

I don't care if you like the music or not. I'm not a big modern mainstream rap fan either; but it's irrelevant when we're talking about his actual gang connections. I could write a rap album about taking over the world with a nuclear holocaust, but that doesn't mean I have terrorist ties or that I'll actually do it. I mean do we really need to go through gangsta rap artists one by one and point out the hundreds of things they lie about or make up for record sales? Trust me, I grew up on 90s hip hop. Eminem has written songs about killing his wife among other stuff and he isn't in jail. Song lyrics aren't a valid piece of evidence, I'm sorry. And again, the music doesn't determine the culture, the culture determines the music.

I see you ignored my logic of the above post

That is it is very doubtfull its the song and only the song that has landed him in court.

That no procecutor would do that as a reasonble doubt defence would destroy there career.

I am certain the lyrics were just a basis for a investigation that uncoverec actuall gang evidence and real crime connections and THAT is what the case will eventually be around.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I see you ignored my logic of the above post

That is it is very doubtfull its the song and only the song that has landed him in court.

That no procecutor would do that as a reasonble doubt defence would destroy there career.

I am certain the lyrics were just a basis for a investigation that uncoverec actuall gang evidence and real crime connections and THAT is what the case will eventually be around.

I didn't ignore it, I agreed with a good portion of it. The person who I responded to was suggesting that he was guilty based on the songs and lyrics alone and claimed they were inciting violence. I'm well aware that there should logically be more than song lyrics and tweets / facebook posts to hold somebody for 8 months on a million dollar bail.....

BUT, according to the article and others I have read, it is actually about the law in California that prohibits befitting from illegal activities. I mentioned it above, but the majority of people that buy gangsta rap CDs are white, so the connection they are using to enforce this law is subjective at best. He gained their respect by making gangsta rap while a gang goes on a shooting spree? I really don't see how this is any different than 2pac making an album in the 90s, while shootings occur in LA. If there is other evidence they haven't disclosed it and I have yet to see the social media posts they are referring to.

I just read that the trial was set for 4/20 and another article said Jan 23rd. The news sources can't even agree on this, I'm beginning to think the entire thing is made up and we'll see it on snopes next year.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. It could be the beginning of the end of artistic expression IF this actually goes down without valid proven ties to the gang.

*sorry about the multiple edits, mixed myself up haha.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah- the 'music' is garbage.

He sounds like your typical idiot child playing halo on his new age nintendo.

Are you going to condemn someone to prison for being stupid?

Trust me, I'd love to do that all day long- Nothing aggravates me more on a day to day basis than some idiot doing something stupid which inconveniences me. These idiots who live next door to me got in a shovel fight outside my bedroom window at 2am last year- and just last night got into a car accident with a parked car in their own driveway.

But then I remember that these same idiots are often the ones who get to decide my own fate.

Proper example, some kid grows up getting beaten up on the playground- decides he's going to be an officer of the law when he's older so he can boss people around.
Turns out he's too stupid to advance through the ranks, and he winds up being a middle aged traffic cop, who punishes me to the tune of a days pay for attempting to take a car I just purchased to the mandatory inspection sticker station.
He thinks I've been avoiding his 'law', I think he's a blooming idiot and deserves to have his brains splattered on the side of my new car. A fair disagreement, but he's the one calling the shots.

Same #, different situation- I'll agree to let idiots have their freedom of speech if the idiots allow me to have my freedom of speech. I don't want to go to prison for calling a bully a bully.

Isn't that how a free society works?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join