It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Washington Masonic Memorial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2002 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm a resident of Alexandria, VA, the same place where the George Washington National Masonic Memorial is. I used to live off of Duke St., about 4-5 miles down the road, and I've never been in it...I've always wondered what it's like inside. Anyone know any info about it? Is it significant to the Freemason society?

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Walk in and see for yourself -- and give us a report, eh?

He was a Mason and a devout Christian. It's no more significant to the Masons than the Lincoln Memorial is to the US -- it's a memorial to a great man who was a member of their "club" (the Masonic society.) Period.

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Mason and devout Christian do they not conflict against each other in there beliefs ?
I believe they do just my opponion though through reading sites on the topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ge, can I use part of that in my Sig? Someone stole mine

Does the Matrix have you?

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, Nat, Masonry and Christianity do oppose, but the non-thinking Christian might not even realize the symbology of the initiation rituals, and unless he is in the inner circle, which he won't be as a Christian, he is only a "useful idiot" to add credibility. Or so the story goes.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.bibleprobe.com...

I think sums up the idea of the two faced organisation/religion...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks Tom for the comment I see what you mean.And Krill went to the link add to favs will look at it later ,had a quick look over seams interesting
+++++++++++++ site.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks Tom for the comment I see what you mean.And Krill went to the link add to favs will look at it later ,had a quick look over seams interesting
site.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry there kids messin around didnt mean to post twice

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 05:48 PM
link   
SURVIVE!!! I'm So glad you asked.....

If you have not already visited the Memorial, do so, it is quite amazing, and furthermore I'll give you this URL, It takes you to a rudamentary "walk through" (pictoral of course) of the place, it's quite amazing.

www.gwmemorial.org...

Byrd if you had any clue of what this memorial is, you'd never say that, This memorial stands over 5 stories high, and FARRRRR SURPASES THE Mundane Lincoln Memorial...it's quite an expensive tribute that many masons enjoy and take pride in!

sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't take Krlll's weblink too seriously, I stopped reading as soon as they TOTALLY BOTCHED THE RITUAL...for one, Hiram is never raised from the dead, he is found raised and REBURIED at a more dignified location. Once again another Zealous Christian Website gets shot down by me, they make it too easy with all their inconsitancies, and if you look through enough of them...they all say Freemasonry worships the devil, but for different reasons, some it is because of the star of david, others it is MOST CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE OF THAT SYMBOL and crap, maybe if they all got together to make one similar story they'd be a bit more believable.

Always ready to defend the lodge,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Go to the link 2 posts back....check it out

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:06 PM
link   
some might call it the weishaupt memorial

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think that is a bit of an unfair statement drudgejr...this is a grand memorial to one of the GREATEST men to have ever been recorded in history.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry guys, you need to do some more research on George Washington. Theres some presidents we doubt were masons, BUT OL George was 100% a mason.

Also if you do some research...it will tell you George never mentioned the word God. He went to church and quickly got out before the sunday session was over.
When asked about God he replied something totally oblivious. If you still do not believe and cant research for yourself, tell me and i will find that extraordinary site again (im regretting i didnt keep the site in my favorites right now..shh)

OrionSirius

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionSirius
Also if you do some research...it will tell you George never mentioned the word God. He went to church and quickly got out before the sunday session was over.
When asked about God he replied something totally oblivious.

The Freemasonry does not denounce God... but they do denounce Jesus.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:52 AM
link   
echelon Freemasonry doesn't denounce Jesus...only christians who are anti-masons misconstrue the meaning of Hiram Abiff.

Now as for you OrionSirius, if you knew anything of Masonry you'd know that George Washington HAD to have mentioned the word God some time in his life.

For proof you need only look on the back of the dollar bill, know where that came from?

W.M. "In whom do we put our trust?"
(All) "In God."

And with George Washington having been a Master of the Alexandria Lodge I doubt he could have gotten around it.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 12:59 AM
link   
were our first presidents freemasons?

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Not all, only a few presidents have been freemasons, like 15 or even less.

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

join