It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security projected to cut benefits in 2035 barring a fix

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
SSI…

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

that would be a good start IMO..and imprison the scammers who are citizens

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Camshaft420

SSI…

i don't really have a problem with SSI for those that really need it, my adopted brother/ cousin and his mother were on it when she lost her her job due to mental health issues and spent the rest of her life in and out of hospitals and halfway houses and places she tried to rent.

it's those that play the system that should be denied SSI unless there is a documented medical problem, mental problem or something else that might qualify for it.

edit on 9-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

" The government has no clue how to spend our money."

Sure they do , they are Giving All our Tax Dollars to Ukraine and saying FU to the American Tax Payer !

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
here's a idea to save some of the social security dollars.
stop giving non citizens SSI and illegals medicare.

What?!

Non citizens get SSI?

That has to be wrong.

Please tell me that's wrong...

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

What?! Non citizens get SSI?
That has to be wrong.
Please tell me that's wrong...

from the Horse's Mouth

UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES MAY A NONCITIZEN BE ELIGIBLE FOR SSI?

A noncitizen (also called an "alien" for immigration purposes) may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if he or she meets the requirements of the laws for noncitizens that went into effect on August 22, 1996. In general, beginning August 22, 1996, most noncitizens must meet two requirements to be potentially eligible for SSI:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

from the Horse's Mouth

A noncitizen (also called an "alien" for immigration purposes) may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if he or she meets the requirements of the laws for noncitizens that went into effect on August 22, 1996. In general, beginning August 22, 1996, most noncitizens must meet two requirements to be potentially eligible for SSI:

Unbelievable.

That is so wrong.

1996?

The Clinton years...

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Unbelievable.
That is so wrong.
1996?
The Clinton

yeah, dem ones just think that buying votes is easier than doing real effort in changing how things work with legitimate policy.

and you know there are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of non citizen, legal and illegal ("aliens" for immigration purposes) trying hard to get it, if they haven't yet.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

My sincere concern & question regarding this matter is whether the attitude of ordinary American taxpayers towards disabled people is charitable, or punitive. I have seen evidence that the support systems in place for disabled people are generally terrible, these poor people receive a pittance & are subject to degrading systems of management of their income & expenditure, nowhere near enough to maintain their dignity as sovereign individuals who have fallen on hard times because of changes in their health status.

Here in the UK the picture isn't one of perfection, but disabled people, once they have been appropriately set up with the benefits they are entitled to, receive sufficient income to ensure that they, and their families if they have one, can maintain dignity in the face of a world that can be cruel, in circumstances which are more than a little challenging because of their health problems. They are able to support themselves with their payments, they participate in the local economy (they generally can't travel far because of their conditions) & often they use cash for transactions, which is a good thing in a world barrelling towards CBDCs at breakneck speed.

It is my firm belief that a nation is judged not by how they treat their prisoners, but rather by how they treat their disabled citizens. As a disabled man myself (central pain syndrome caused by epilepsy, which means that my brain generates severe pain signals in all parts of my body - nerves, joints, muscles) I am supremely thankful that I do live in a society which treats its disabled people - generally - with fairness, affording them the dignity that every sovereign human being should be able to appreciate.

FITO.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I love how everyone talks about how much they want to save for retirement, yet they fail to understand that by the time they can cash out without penalties they need to wait until they are 65 or 67. Yet they fail to understand at that age, if they are still alive, are basically blue hair geriatrics that can’t do what they were capable of doing when they were younger. So what’s the point of can’t waiting to retire?

Oh and SSI, what a scam. Us younger taxpayers will not see it, so why are we paying into it? If it’s going to support the elders fine, but it should be tax deductible as a charitable cause,

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Everything after food production is and always will be utter BS, all the rules and regulations have been made by and for the wealthy to protect their wealth, because that is their power base to make the rules. If you cannot sustain yourself independently, there is a risk that if the rules change nobody else will do it for you. This was common knowledge sixty years ago how come everyone seems to have forgotten it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join