It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I just got out of the first showing of Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire near me. I may be a bit biased as I did attend in flight suit with Ghostbusters patches and some accessories, no proton pack. Having said that and having viewed the others within the past weak, not that reboot abomination, I loved it.

I think it is the best one since the first one, possible a tie in some areas.

I will be general as not to give away any of the movie. The comedy worked like the first with many continuations of the story lines into the next generation of Ghostbusters. Many returning characters, both major and minor. Several new plot developments to keep it fresh throughout, although some of these new developments were lifted from the animated series.

It seems like they are getting over the slump in making good movies you can loose yourself in for a while.

Go on and suspend reality and a few dollars on this one. If you likes the first one, you will like this one.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
cant wait to see it. i own a body shop and we fix the Ghost buster mobile all the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bscotti
cant wait to see it. i own a body shop and we fix the Ghost buster mobile all the time.

From your pic, are you CNY based? The building and land look very familiar...like the building down the road with the Ghostbusters car.

As a side note

2.7 Billion on the Ghostbusters pinball right now.

Thanks for the post, my daughter wants to go see it, and I have been hesitant.

I will give it a go.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
we are in woodbridge new jersey
a reply to: theatreboy

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bscotti

Damn. There is one near Rochester, also.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

From what I have seen, there are at least dozens of the ECTO-1 made on the original 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance vehicle. Some movie used and many fan built. There are likely hundreds of other variations. I have seen minivan versions, SUV versions, and others at DragonCon.

It is probably more popular a vehicle to actually own or build than the Batmobile.

I really like how they show more interior scenes in ECTO-1 in this movie.

I am thinking about putting on my black suit and seeing the movie.again this evening. Yes, there are now movie cannon black suited Ghostbusters.
edit on 22-3-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 3/22/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
yes there is a bunch. you can rent them for birthday parties a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3
We bought tickets last Friday to the Saturday showing. We are all excited to go see it. I really enjoyed the animated series, and am glad to hear some of the things are lifted from there. Also, I am trying to find the blu ray German limited edition print of the animated series as it has the complete series in order. The original firehouse box release is often more than double the german blu ray, and I prefer the consolidated space savings myself.

So if you or anyone reading this out there knows of a copy floating around, I would certainly like ot know if someone is shipping to the USA.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Do you want the filmation of extreme Ghostbusters animated series?

archive.org...

edit on 24-3-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Interesting experience today at this movie. The family sitting behind me had the mother giggling at anything that was slightly humorous in the film. Yes there are many very funny moments and the audience laughed appropriately. I wasn't bothered as I was seeing it for the third time but I see why some people are switching to streaming instead of going to the movie theater.

I still had a good time. I got several compliments on my black Ghostbusters uniform and accessories.

There are many reviews about this movie being boring. It is paced like the movies from the 80s and not full on action every moment like some modern movies are. I say it is better to not be overstimulated with action shots for when the action actually happens. As far as rating this Ghostbusters movie in the movie series lineup , I would put it second behind the original. That is because the original started it all.

Some reviews are calling it unoriginal on that it just puts together old story parts. Funny how they think it shouldn't tie into the previous movies by being totally new. They don't seem to get what a movie series actually is. Bring on the old stuff with the new stuff in a good story any time and you will get a good fan base audience.

So far, the boxoffice numbers are looking good but not a hit this weekend. But then again, streaming is hurting the boxoffice numbers for all movies.

To Hollywood, next Ghostbusters movie please.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Ha ha fooled you. You thought it was that guy again.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire has higher first weekend boxoffice than Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

It is doing better than previous predictions of this weekend.

ghostbustersnews.com...

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

new topics

top topics

join