It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women with Guns Victims No More

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

You have a problem with jumping to conclusions and insinuations, feelz definitely play a role in that flaw, my friend...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah it's what's usually referred to as compulsive control issues...

It's a mental state you have to be indoctrinated with and the army usually does a very good job at it. But otherwise it kicks in when needed, and most situation in everyday life are not life threatening and it's actually a waste of energy to remain vigilant.

Life is deadly and no vigilance will take that away. You'll die with or without guns doesn't make one iota of difference.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Not hard to read the writing on the wall with the way you respond in every single thread like this one.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hope that is not sarcastic lol

No, its real and fluid. They have been on the run for months as someone is following or chasing them. He also may have stiffed a dealer higher up than him. Who knows. My last mission in life is to take them down. Criminally and it isnt because of the drugs. Its the other demonic sheet.

I have my FED contacts and God bless.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Call it whatever bs name you want to. You overestimate how much anyone here values your opinion on things you know nothing about.

Hard to be indoctrinated by something I was never a part of, you should avoid jumping to conclusions.

one can be vigilant and it not affect their every day lives. Just because you can't does not mean that nobody else can differentiate those types of situations.

Feel sorry for you bud, must be hard living in that sheltered world of yours

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Thats usually the case when you have no arguments, you go for the player...

Easy to read the writing on the wall...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Come up with some sort of actual argument instead of just assuming that we are "living in fear" and maybe I will have other things to go for.

But, knowing you, that's not your style.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: network dude

I wish everyone trained and was proficient with a firearm. I believe it would save lives.

Agreed.

But...
What of they smoke weed?
Asking for a friend.

Well there's a plan for that! You cannot own a gun if you use MJ-whether prescription or not. Many states also include psychotropic drugs like ritilian and antidepresents, etc. to exclude gun ownership.

I found this rather interesting...

CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens hand out medical records to cops without warrants

[arstechnica.com...]

To me, I see another backdoor gun-grab being set up. They keep sneaking in changes to the law and the way they gather information to the detrement of those who use the drugs they're pushing. Legalizing MJ wasn't because of public outcry....

Used ritilian when you were a kid? Took antidepresents 20 years ago? Caught with MJ 40 years ago? The hammer will drop.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I got it, people like you never admit they're scared. I'm vigilant because scared people are so unpredictable.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Absolutely love that out of that whole thing, you still assume I am scared.

Are there things that scare me, sure.

But every day life is not one. And do you know why? Because I, unlike you or others in this thread that condemn gun ownership, am prepared.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

But every day life is not one. And do you know why? Because I, unlike you or others in this thread that condemn gun ownership, am prepared.

I never condemd gun ownership. As a hopless romantic, I bought my GF an nice little pink Glock 43 for Valentines day and I mentioned I own guns on a previous post on this thread. Try and keep up...

btw....you can be vigilant and scared sh!tless of life all at the same time; that's why you are vigilant.
edit on 13-12-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I wish everyone trained and was proficient with a firearm. I believe it would save lives.

It should be mandatory, as in state curriculum. If you're old enough to receive your TIP then you are old enough to train with a firearm. And neglecting to do so is punishable by fine. Eventually it's more expensive to not be certified.

I know pork chop already said it but it deserves to be echoed over and over from sea to shining sea.

edit on 13-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you are a scared #less vigilant romantic that is on you. Don't lump the rest of us in with your fears.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

If you are a scared #less vigilant romantic that is on you. Don't lump the rest of us in with your fears.

Always pretending to be a badass like on this thread; reveals more about you than you think.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Maybe that will help but I doubt it... Every able body man here could have an equivalent of an AR16 at home with ammo, just trough the obligatory military service, and we have barely any mass shootings.

The last mass shooting with significant losses was 2001 with 33 casualties, crazy dude shooting up a parliament building. Since we had a couple more where most are domestic desperation crap where people off everyone in the family, like 6 casualties tops. Oh and a little Islamophobe shooting up a muslim gathering place, and Muslim shooting up his workplace with 10 casualties.
But thats basically it

You think most innocent that get killed, get killed because the killer had improper training? Because then maybe proper training helps.
But my logic indicates that, trough-the-board access to deadly tools and proper training, just makes those that snap all the more effective...

It's better to try and solve the snapping, and there are couple of ways to determine if somone is psychologically stable or not. Psychological resiliency test should be mandatory to have gun and ammo at home. Which is the case here with army weapons at home.
Not everyone can operate a car, and looking at the stats cars are even deadlier than guns... Although that depends on how you look at it. sure once you break it down to the death per distance traveled, guns take the cake.

Tools have an impact on society it's just a fact and mitigating the negative effects is paramount to success. There has never been any negative effect ever that has been mitigated by more of what caused it.

Those are the logics of facts not some romantic fetishized NRA talking points.
edit on 13-12-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

AR-15, M-16. First is semi auto, one shot, one pull on the trigger, the second is military grade, has select fire, and for civilians to own is very expensive and lots of hoops to jump.

The more you know.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: TzarChasm

Maybe that will help but I doubt it... Every able body man here could have an equivalent of an AR16 at home with ammo, just trough the obligatory military service, and we have barely any mass shootings.

The last mass shooting with significant losses was 2001 with 33 casualties, crazy dude shooting up a parliament building. Since we had a couple more where most are domestic desperation crap where people off everyone in the family, like 6 casualties tops. Oh and a little Islamophobe shooting up a muslim gathering place, and Muslim shooting up his workplace with 10 casualties.
But thats basically it

You think most innocent that get killed, get killed because the killer had improper training? Because then maybe proper training helps.
But my logic indicates that, trough-the-board access to deadly tools and proper training, just makes those that snap all the more effective...

It's better to try and solve the snapping, and there are couple of ways to determine if somone is psychologically stable or not. Psychological resiliency test should be mandatory to have gun and ammo at home. Which is the case here with army weapons at home.
Not everyone can operate a car, and looking at the stats cars are even deadlier than guns... Although that depends on how you look at it. sure once you break it down to the death per distance traveled, guns take the cake.

Tools have an impact on society it's just a fact and mitigating the negative effects is paramount to success. There has never been any negative effect ever that has been mitigated by more of what caused it.

Those are the logics of facts not some romantic fetishized NRA talking points.

I agree therapy is relevant to reducing gun violence, but I disagree it's better than proper safety and training. Being certified is not a privilege in the same sense as owning a car, it's basic civics. Our country has been defined by weapons since its conception and to flout that tradition is to flirt with fate. The worst that can happen is you die because morals. The best that can happen is would be assailants don't try because 1 out of 5 is packing and they don't care for those odds. I predict that slope inverts dramatically within months as neighbors embrace the 2nd amendment and begin to gestate their respective militia communities across the US.

There's only evil men with guns, and whoever chooses to thwart them, typically with a weapon of equal or superior caliber. You only miscalculate once so better to have and not need, yes?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Not pretending to be anything.

Reality is scary for those that are ill prepared. It's okay

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join