It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumble could be banned in the UK under new online safety laws

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: Muldar

You need to find a way to make it seem as if you are trying to access the internet from another country.

And do you know much about making it look like your signing in from somewhere else? All I know about is a VPN...

I don't know if the VPN can leave no traces.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

you're talking of the uk which any ban won't be policed properly

i have a dog walking field behind me on one side and a beach pash on the other in covid the police cars sat harassing dog walkers and ignored the parties on the beach..

there isn't a functional police in the uk and that's why the uk is headed for civil strife..

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: ziplock9000
a reply to: WorldxGonexMad

Contrary to what is commonly thought, no.

Same thing happened with torrent websites in the UK a few years ago. VPNs don't help.

I don't know whether you can go around this if let's say Rumble is banned in the UK. You need to find a way to make it seem as if you are trying to access the internet from another country.

Even with use of Tor in the UK it isn't possible to escape the surveilance structure in place should the intel services need to use it.

There's been a system of black box phone junctions since the 70s to eavesdrop on all comms - a newer 'super fast' system is currently being laid but it breaks UK national security law and /DA notices to say much/anything about it.

A spoof should work to circumvent such blockers at the website but wouldn't bypass state survielance so would likely add you to a 'watch list' if the info warranted it.

EDIT: It's perfectly legal for anyone to buy private phone and internet activity, phonecalls etc on any individual as long as the buyer has the money.

Spy companies for sale to the highest bidder
edit on 6-10-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Private intelligence companies are using phone networks based in the Channel Islands to enable surveillance operations to be carried out against people around the world, including British and US citizens, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism can reveal following a joint reporting project with the Guardian.

Leaked data, documents and interviews with industry insiders who have access to sensitive information suggest that systemic weaknesses in the global telecoms infrastructure, and a particular vulnerability in Jersey and Guernsey, are being exploited by corporate spy businesses.

These businesses take advantage of some of the ways mobile phone networks across the world interact in order to access private information on targets, such as location information or, in more sophisticated applications, the content of calls and messages or other highly sensitive data.

edit on 6-10-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

you're talking of the uk which any ban won't be policed properly

i have a dog walking field behind me on one side and a beach pash on the other in covid the police cars sat harassing dog walkers and ignored the parties on the beach..

there isn't a functional police in the uk and that's why the uk is headed for civil strife..

I can imagine.
Perhaps they need re-training and re-education.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: ziplock9000
a reply to: WorldxGonexMad

Contrary to what is commonly thought, no.

Same thing happened with torrent websites in the UK a few years ago. VPNs don't help.

I don't know whether you can go around this if let's say Rumble is banned in the UK. You need to find a way to make it seem as if you are trying to access the internet from another country.

Even with use of Tor in the UK it isn't possible to escape the surveilance structure in place should the intel services need to use it.

There's been a system of black box phone junctions since the 70s to eavesdrop on all comms - a newer 'super fast' system is currently being laid but it breaks UK national security law and /DA notices to say much/anything about it.

A spoof should work to circumvent such blockers at the website but wouldn't bypass state survielance so would likely add you to a 'watch list' if the info warranted it.

EDIT: It's perfectly legal for anyone to buy private phone and internet activity, phonecalls etc on any individual as long as the buyer has the money.

Spy companies for sale to the highest bidder

Private intelligence companies are using phone networks based in the Channel Islands to enable surveillance operations to be carried out against people around the world, including British and US citizens, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism can reveal following a joint reporting project with the Guardian.

Leaked data, documents and interviews with industry insiders who have access to sensitive information suggest that systemic weaknesses in the global telecoms infrastructure, and a particular vulnerability in Jersey and Guernsey, are being exploited by corporate spy businesses.

These businesses take advantage of some of the ways mobile phone networks across the world interact in order to access private information on targets, such as location information or, in more sophisticated applications, the content of calls and messages or other highly sensitive data.

I ve done it so many times and didn't have an issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yes. Send them to a political correction facility.

Like they have in China?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That explains a lot....

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

That explains a lot....

You should be more concerned as someone who comes from the left part of the ideological spectrum that your Government has decided to censor and silence free speech and entire platforms if they don't comply with their demands. Even if the left (labour) wins the next elections things won't become any better. Much worse I would say as they would like to have complete control over everything.
edit on 6-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm not on the left.

How many more times do I have to correct your misinformation?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

as of today 06/10/23 rumble is still available in UK

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

as of today 06/10/23 rumble is still available in UK

Never said it wasn't.
But it could become unavailable in the future. ATS too because it's a conspiracy site.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm not on the left.

How many more times do I have to correct your misinformation?

Your statement isn't believable but anyway you understand what I say in the reply above.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Unbelieve away.

More opinionated stuff?

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Unbelieve away.

More opinionated stuff?

Carry on.

Anything else to add up?
You re not on the left? That's hard to believe but regardless you could see a number of platforms disappear from the UK including this one if things don't go well for the establishment.
edit on 6-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join