It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 injured in shooting at South Carolina mall; 3 detained appears they knew each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
12 injured in shooting at South Carolina mall; 3 detained

abcnews.go.com...

Ten people were shot and two others injured in a shooting at a shopping mall in South Carolina’s capital that authorities do not believe was a random attack

By MICHELLE LIU Associated Press
April 16, 2022, 5:57 PM
• 3 min read

The Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Ten people were shot and two others injured in a shooting at a shopping mall in South Carolina’s capital that authorities do not believe was a random attack.

Three people who had firearms have been detained in connection with the Saturday afternoon shooting at Columbiana Centre, Columbia Police Chief W.H. “Skip” Holbrook said. He said at least one of those three people fired a weapon.

“We don’t believe this was random,” Holbrook said. “We believe they knew each other and something led to the gunfire.”
Authorities said no fatalities have been reported but that eight of the victims were taken to the hospital. Of those eight, two were in critical condition and six were in stable condition, Holbrook said. The victims ranged in age from 15 to 73, he said.

edit on 16-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

A mall shooting where the shooters know each other .

Sounds like young Gang members getting into a shootout and just firing into a crowd .

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: putnam6

A mall shooting where the shooters know each other .

Sounds like young Gang members getting into a shootout and just firing into a crowd .

It's why I added that distinction to the title, Im semi-familiar with Columbia IIRC the mall in question is on a bit of the seedier side.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just a gang shooting. Someone probably wore the wrong color. These monsters will just as soon kill you as look at you.

Funny how even the most draconian penalties (life, death) still do not seem to deter crimes. And since 911 takes time, YOU are your own first responder. Don't screw it up and dont rely on laws to deter or prevent violent crime.

Only an armed society can be safe from the plague of gang, drug and organized crime waves sweeping the nation.
edit on 4/16/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
More coked-up knotheads 🥥

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

That would be about right.

Their trigger discipline is about as good as their general discipline (non-existent)

I suppose us law abiding citizens should be thankful these types dont bother to train or buy thousands of rounds to practice with. Gives us as much of an advantage over them as possible but we should always be seeking to further increase the gap between their skill set and that of the law abiding American.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just think....if the left had not demanded that LIVEPD be taken off the air this may have either been caught on camera or not have happened.

Miss that show.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
Just think....if the left had not demanded that LIVEPD be taken off the air this may have either been caught on camera or not have happened.

Miss that show.

me too...

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Miss that show.

I know right I loved that show , But it showed to many cops doing the 'Knee On Neck' maneuver which unfortunately normalized the maneuver .

and Certain segments of the Media needed that to seem like an uncommon and radical maneuver .
edit on 16-4-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Miss that show.

I know right I loved that show , But it showed to many cops doing the 'Knee On Neck' maneuver which unfortunately normalized the maneuver .

and Certain segments of the Media needed that to seem like an uncommon and radical maneuver .

Im not a BLMer....and the knee on the neck is a proper technique. The POS didnt die from that.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Knee on the neck is not the proper procedure unless you intend it as deadly force/one rung below deadly force

It should go between the shoulder blades and no more than your dead weight pushing. And only long enough to subdue the suspect. But you have to use good judgement. If you are 250 pounds like me and your suspect is 110 pounds you will kill them if you put all your weight on them and leave it there. On the other hand if the suspect is 200 pounds and you are in the 170/180 range you can probably safely use a lot more

But, the mass of killer narcotics and his own terrible choices lead to that event. Poor application of technique and an out of control crowd did him in sadly. I think the facts supported a manslaughter conviction
edit on 4/17/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Heres the problem I have...

A cop makes a mistake and winds up crucified and in prison

Biden orders a drone strike on a carload of kids and it isnt even investigated as a crime?

No law is legitimate until everyone is fully accountable.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Where do you guys get your breaking news from

new topics

top topics

join