It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 dead in apartment fire Bronx NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I didn’t see this posted.

19 dead including 9 children in a 17 story apartment building fire in the Bronx, NY.
The fire apparently started on the 3rd floor, they are not saying it was intentionally set but it’s still under investigation.
Many more are critically injured.
The building is less than a mile away from the site of the March 1990 Happy Land social club fire that killed 87 people.

Multiple people, including children, were killed and dozens were injured in a five-alarm fire that broke out in a high-rise apartment building in the Bronx, fire sources confirmed to Fox News.
A fire official told Fox News there were more than 60 injuries in total.
That included four firefighters, one of whom was seriously injured, though none of their injuries is life-threatening, the fire official said.
More than 30 civilians had life-threatening injuries, he said, adding that nearly a dozen children and at least 10 adults were killed.

www.foxnews.com...

nypost.com...

edit on 9-1-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I bet more members on here are prepared for a SHTF scenario than how many have a prepared way to get out of their 2nd or 3rd floor without jumping in case of a fire.

On a side note, be careful who you trust with rope ladders. My GF growing up had the 3rd floor bedroom in the back of the house and was in charge of the rope ladder in case of a fire. At that point in my life I had never been so thankful for anything as much as that ladder.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Doesn't appear to be any good escape routes out of this building.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Could have been much much worse.

More than five dozen people were injured and 13 were still in critical condition in the hospital, Ringel said.

Most victims suffered severe smoke inhalation, FDNY commissioner Daniel Nigro said at a press conference.

According to the FDNY, approximately 200 firefighters responded to the scene at the Twin Park apartments on East 181st Street.

News photographers captured images of firefighters entering the upper floors of the burning building on a ladder, children being given oxygen after being carried from the building and evacuees with faces covered in soot.

Firefighters “found victims on every floor and were taking them out in cardiac and respiratory arrest”, Nigro said. “That is unprecedented in our city. We expect there to be numerous fatalities.”

Nigro said the fire on Sunday originated in a duplex apartment spanning the second and third floors. Firefighters found the door to the apartment open, he said, which apparently allowed the fire to accelerate and spread smoke upward quickly.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 1/9/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's worth nothing that this is the second such fire tragedy in almost as many days, and this is also the kind of stack and pack housing our overlords want to force all of us into for the good of the climate.

I feel better. How about you?

We have seen how these things can go so horribly wrong now twice, three times if you factor in the building that went up in the UK.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
the fire fighters ran out of O2.

how does that happen? sad incident. RIP.

ETA i heard it was a space heater. yes dangerous things. i have an oil filled heater that i don't use over 6.

the fire didn't spread that much. it was the smoke that took most.

edit on 9-1-2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
the fire fighters ran out of O2.

how does that happen? sad incident. RIP.

ETA i heard it was a space heater. yes dangerous things. i have an oil filled heater that i don't use over 6.

the fire didn't spread that much. it was the smoke that took most.

Yep, they said it went us all the way to the roof...

no fire extinguishers? no fire escape? thought NYC had really strict codes?

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

What are codes except words on paper, and we've all seen how good democrats are at following those little words on paper when it doesn't suit them. NYC is a wonderful place under enlightened democrat rule.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

With all due respect, now's not the time to engage in your seemingly endless stream of political point scoring and at times petty finger pointing.
Is there really no end to it....?

No-one knows why this happened yet.

To use this fire as yet another opportunity to demonise every single Democrat or to blame all the world's ills on those bastard Democrats is really quite sad.

The thing is; I know you are far, far better than that.

My most heart felt condolences to all affected by this horrible tragedy.

new topics

top topics

join