It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooooh...it worked!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I wouldn't have it any other way, frankly. I told DTOM the same. At very least, I wanted to connect with my old friends here on ATS before they vanished off into the 'aether' as it were. (probably a fitting, albeit antiquated, physics and mythological term, "aether").

I've spent enough time here (more than any other site) that, like the Titanic, I will go down with the ship if this is what fate holds. I never forget a friend, and I never leave one behind. Perhaps I could be considered one of the band, playing until the RMS Titanic lights disappeared below the waters. LOL, probably not that dramatic, but it illustrates a point at least.

Maybe I'll even try to find the appropriate music for the occasion. (Wow! That might be a task!)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Welcome back you magnificent bastard! a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Although we disagreed sometimes, you always were a good writer with a valid opinion.

It is good to see you back.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: argentus

I wouldn't have it any other way, frankly. I told DTOM the same. At very least, I wanted to connect with my old friends here on ATS before they vanished off into the 'aether' as it were. (probably a fitting, albeit antiquated, physics and mythological term, "aether").

I've spent enough time here (more than any other site) that, like the Titanic, I will go down with the ship if this is what fate holds. I never forget a friend, and I never leave one behind. Perhaps I could be considered one of the band, playing until the RMS Titanic lights disappeared below the waters. LOL, probably not that dramatic, but it illustrates a point at least.

Maybe I'll even try to find the appropriate music for the occasion. (Wow! That might be a task!)

"The Last Post" with gigantic ambient echo might seem appropriate.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Perhaps we should work on that very post, don't you think?

Hey, I'm game.

It is, as much as we hate to admit it, the very last post for ATS.

I surely wouldn't be qualified to author that post, but I think, collectively, we all could...don't you?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Oooo, looking forward to your posts about cooking! Welcome back!

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Welcome Back!

It is fitting that you be here with us to watch whateverthehellhappenslateroninthemonthbooooom

Did I miss something? What is supposed to be happening in 12 days or whenever?

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks. While we may have had disagreements, I can't remember what they were over, and besides I rarely hold a grudge.

Every day is a new day.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH
Did I miss something? What is supposed to be happening in 12 days or whenever?

HERE

Domain name expires on May 18.
There is a five day grace period for the owners to pay the bill.
If, at the end of five days it's not paid, then ATS domain name is up for sale.
And it's probably lights out on May 23.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Joined this site in the early 2000s, then kind of lost interest and left...and have no idea what my login used to be, so created a new one. We're both back, I guess.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am probably one of the few people you know who actually believe in the aether. I am a scientist, and I like measurable things and data. Still, there is this zone of unmeasureable......... stuff......... that seems to exist between the various strata of our atmosphere, and outside of it. Dark matter interacting with the gravitational flux? Isaac Newton believed in and attempted to quantify the aether in Principia Mathematica. Mr. Newton did some amazing things, including the creation of Calculus. This guy had a LOT going on; his awareness was HUGE. I have studied his works for the last 35 years and still some of it baffles me. He thought he measured the aether. I'm good with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join