It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I had a time slip may years ago, (I think.) To this day I cannot explain what happened.

I was on a solo backpacking trip to a local Wilderness Area, staying at one of my favorite spots on a lake. I had been there many times before and liked camping there.
First day was uneventful. I hiked in and set up my tent. Fished a little bit at dusk, caught a small trout and threw it back, then fixed dinner and went to sleep. I was awakened in the night by a weird feeling of confusion and disorientation. Something was weird but I could not pinpoint what. I finally went back to sleep. Awoke at dawn with the same feeling that something was 'off'.
I started to fix breakfast and went down to the lakeshore for water. Then I saw it.
In the lake is small rocky island about the size and shape of Volkswagen Beetle. Atop the island is a large ponderosa pine tree, about 2.5 feet in diameter. A locally known landmark sometimes called the VW Antenna.

The tree was not there. Instead was a small pine sapling. I looked around and realized the campsite was different. There were no signs anyone else had ever camped there, despite it being a fairly popular spot with locals. No old campfire rings, no bare dirt or signs of compaction, no marks on the trees. It was pristine.

I was really confused and could not understand what happened to the tree and campsite. I was questioning my memory at that point. I finished breakfast and decided to go fishing again. I wanted to fish the other side of the lake, and was going to follow the trail I hiked in on to where it curved around the lakeshore. The trail was not there. I hiked on the trail that previous day, but now it was not there. No trail at all. I picked my way along the lakeshore. It was the right lake, the rocky island was their with the right size and shape, a rocky cliff I remembered was there. But the trees and brush seemed different.

I fished for a couple hours with no luck, which seemed odd. Fishing normally pretty good as it is stocked on a regular basis. Returned to my camp and checked the topo map again and triangulated my position from shooting nearby distinctive shaped peaks. This was before GPS. I was at the right spot.

I finally convinced myself my memory was faulty, concluding I was conflating two different locations. I knew I wasn't but had no other explanation.
I read a book I brought, took a nap, fixed dinner, and went to bed.
The next morning I woke up feeling very good, refreshed and well rested. I looked out my tent, and the first thing I see is the VW island and the large tree -- full sized as I remembered. The campsite was normal again, and the trail was there. I thought I dreamt the entire episode, but then looked at my watch and saw the day and date. Did I sleep for 36 hours and dreamt the odd experience? I saw the discarded food packets from last nights dinner. An inventory of my food showed I had eaten two dinners, a breakfast, and a lunch. So I didn't dream it.
I broke camp instead of spending another day there, and hiked out. Nothing eventful happened on the hike out. When I reached the trailhead my truck was there, but very dusty and covered in needles. It looked like it had been parked there for weeks.
Drove home, still confused.
To this day I am not sure what happened. I am confident I did not dream it, but have no other explanation. Did I spend a day camped 100 years in the past before it was a Wilderness with contructed trails and before the lake was stocked with fish?

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave5426
I had a time slip may years ago, (I think.) To this day I cannot explain what happened.

I was on a solo backpacking trip to a local Wilderness Area, staying at one of my favorite spots on a lake. I had been there many times before and liked camping there.
First day was uneventful. I hiked in and set up my tent. Fished a little bit at dusk, caught a small trout and threw it back, then fixed dinner and went to sleep. I was awakened in the night by a weird feeling of confusion and disorientation. Something was weird but I could not pinpoint what. I finally went back to sleep. Awoke at dawn with the same feeling that something was 'off'.
I started to fix breakfast and went down to the lakeshore for water. Then I saw it.
In the lake is small rocky island about the size and shape of Volkswagen Beetle. Atop the island is a large ponderosa pine tree, about 2.5 feet in diameter. A locally known landmark sometimes called the VW Antenna.

The tree was not there. Instead was a small pine sapling. I looked around and realized the campsite was different. There were no signs anyone else had ever camped there, despite it being a fairly popular spot with locals. No old campfire rings, no bare dirt or signs of compaction, no marks on the trees. It was pristine.

I was really confused and could not understand what happened to the tree and campsite. I was questioning my memory at that point. I finished breakfast and decided to go fishing again. I wanted to fish the other side of the lake, and was going to follow the trail I hiked in on to where it curved around the lakeshore. The trail was not there. I hiked on the trail that previous day, but now it was not there. No trail at all. I picked my way along the lakeshore. It was the right lake, the rocky island was their with the right size and shape, a rocky cliff I remembered was there. But the trees and brush seemed different.

I fished for a couple hours with no luck, which seemed odd. Fishing normally pretty good as it is stocked on a regular basis. Returned to my camp and checked the topo map again and triangulated my position from shooting nearby distinctive shaped peaks. This was before GPS. I was at the right spot.

I finally convinced myself my memory was faulty, concluding I was conflating two different locations. I knew I wasn't but had no other explanation.
I read a book I brought, took a nap, fixed dinner, and went to bed.
The next morning I woke up feeling very good, refreshed and well rested. I looked out my tent, and the first thing I see is the VW island and the large tree -- full sized as I remembered. The campsite was normal again, and the trail was there. I thought I dreamt the entire episode, but then looked at my watch and saw the day and date. Did I sleep for 36 hours and dreamt the odd experience? I saw the discarded food packets from last nights dinner. An inventory of my food showed I had eaten two dinners, a breakfast, and a lunch. So I didn't dream it.
I broke camp instead of spending another day there, and hiked out. Nothing eventful happened on the hike out. When I reached the trailhead my truck was there, but very dusty and covered in needles. It looked like it had been parked there for weeks.
Drove home, still confused.
To this day I am not sure what happened. I am confident I did not dream it, but have no other explanation. Did I spend a day camped 100 years in the past before it was a Wilderness with contructed trails and before the lake was stocked with fish?

Wow that is very interesting. It's weird question but I must ask, did you happen to, on purpose or by accident, lick any toads? Do you think a toad could have got in your tent while you slept that first night?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

Unlikely. Those magic toads that make you trip out when you lick them live in central and south America in the tropics, and this individual sounds like he was camping somewhere much further north where its too cold for magic frogs to live.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join