It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taurus GX4 Pistols Safety Notice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Over the years, Taurus has had a good/bad reputation with it's semi autos and it looks like something new has come up. I don't personally own a Taurus, but some of you out there might, so just a quick heads up to a potential hazard.

Keep your head on a swivel and practice, practice, practice.

www.shootingillustrated.com...#:~:text=Taurus%20has%20learned%20that%20some,stop%20using%20their%20GX4% 20immediately.

Taurus has learned that some of its GX4 pistols assembled and sold in the United States may, under certain circumstances, discharge when dropped. For that reason, the company has issued a safety notice urging owners to safely unload and stop using their GX4 immediately. They should then visit GX4SafetyNotice.com.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

thanks for this. I have a GX4. It's a cool little "glockish" 9mm that fits in your pocket. I'll try to update what resolution they offer.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Discharged when dropped?

Just more confirmation why I don't buy Taurus. You're better off spending the extra money on a Glock, Beretta, or Springfield.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Mine is not part of the recall. It may be earlier one's that are affected.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I just got rid of 1,....would jam constantly. Now daily carry is Ruger SP 101 357 Mag revolver. Honestly the rev is more dependable than my autos Glock, Ruger, Taurus.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I have only put about 300 rounds through mine, but I have had no issues, and it's not hard to shoot. The compact nature of it, along with 11 shots makes it an interesting weapon. I am impressed with Taurus as of late. I really like the TX22. So much so, that I bought the wife a purple one.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My G3c ha seen hundreds of rounds through it, not a single jam or malfunction. It’s actually got my favorite trigger for a pistol, smooth all the way through.

Is it the nicest pistol ever? No. But it’s a nice plinker, and an ideal candidate for a piece you can leave in your vehicle and not be out a lot of money if it got stolen.

I like the reliability of Glock, but the no safety aspect runs me the wrong way. For the nicer pistols, I like some of the other brands for composites.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: JAY1980

I have only put about 300 rounds through mine, but I have had no issues, and it's not hard to shoot. The compact nature of it, along with 11 shots makes it an interesting weapon. I am impressed with Taurus as of late. I really like the TX22. So much so, that I bought the wife a purple one.

I bought my wife a pink G2s back in 2020 and haven't had issues out of it. I carry a Stoeger STR-9.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I've been carrying a G19 Gen 4 since they came out and have never had an issue, even though I've ran some of the crappiest ammo I could find. How does the STR-9 compare ?
Trigger, recoil, etc...
Been looking at them, but haven't made up my mind yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

I own a G2C and a G3C, they're my conceal carry compacts. Never had any issues.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I carry a SigP229. Just something about being able to decock the hammer. I'm not too fond of striker-fired pistols for this very fact.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Smith & Wesson has never done this to me....

Second

top topics

join